View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: My mom's in the psych ward in jail and I'm being bullied because of it. - April 13th 2013, 12:30 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do about the bullying. You can report the account to Facebook, let the school know, and ask the local police department to track down the IP address in hopes they'll find out who made the account... but all of that can take a while, or the people simply may not have the time/resources/sympathy to look into the matter.

My boyfriend's father did some bad things. He didn't go to jail, but you can see what he did online. It's crazy, and my boyfriend has had to deal with that for years. What you have to remember is that you are not your mother. She gave birth to you and she raised you, but ultimately, you are not a mini-clone of your mother. You can make better choices, and if you surround yourself with good people, they will constantly affirm you. There will always be hateful people. It's not always easy to ignore them, but don't let their negative behavior cause you to ignore the good people in your life!

As for your sister... it sounds like she's hurt by all of this as well, and it may take a while before you and your sister can become close again. What would you say created the rift in the first place? Was it when your mom went to jail, or did something happen between you and your sister before that?

Wishing you, your mother, and your sister all the best. I imagine this must be very stressful for you, and I'm sorry you have to go through this situation right now.