Jeez, get a life!
Hugh Jackman ♥
- Southern California
- About me
- I apologize in advance for my tendency to post loooong responses for VM's, PM's, forum posts, and HelpLINK tickets. =P
I earned my master's degree in clinical psychology in April 2013! I plan to become a marriage and family therapist in a few years, and have extensive research and peer counseling experience beginning at the age of 16 (I am now 24 years old). I am currently working with a local non-profit organization as a marriage and family therapist trainee, and love the work that I am doing! =D
I have been in four relationships, and have learned a great deal from each one. The first was abusive in more ways than one; the second lasted for over four years (despite being long-distance); the third was a "rebound relationship" (which, of course, ended badly); the fourth has been absolutely amazing. <3 I truly believe that, with effective communication and a great deal of commitment, long-distance relationships can work under the right circumstances. I can honestly say I have experienced the best and worst aspects of relationships, and hope I can use those experiences to help other members on TeenHelp. =)
I joined TeenHelp on June 11th, 2009, and became a HelpLINK Mentor on July 16th, 2009. I was promoted to Forum Moderator for "Relationships and Dating" on December 16th, 2009, "Friends and Family" on March 15th, 2010, "Mental Health" on July 29th, 2011, and "Education and Careers" on May 17th, 2012. I am also the Volunteering Officer, an Article Editor, a Live Help Operator, a member of the Disputes Committee, and a member of the Performance Committee. In the past, I held the roles of Avatar Magazine Editor (Mind and Body), Social Networking Officer, Social Groups Moderator, and member of the Operations and Procedures Committee.
Feel free to send me a VM, PM, or e-mail anytime, about anything! I'm here to listen, not to judge.
(Avatar credit goes to sexiestdrummer @ LiveJournal!)
- Here for
- Listening, Not Judging
- Relationship status
- "My Beloved is Mine and I am His"
- "White Mutt"
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee
- Christian (Non-Denominational)
- Zodiac sign
- Nothing in particular. I spend a lot of my time online, meeting new people and discovering new interests.
- Artists: (in no particular order) Muse, Coldplay, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Linkin Park, Queen, Owl City, DJ Tiesto, Guns N' Roses, The Postal Service, She & Him, Massive Attack, Michelle Branch, Dido, Jewel, Nickelback, Daughtry, Metro Station, and limited amounts of Lady Gaga.
Genres: Techno (preferrably w/o lyrics), Classical Piano, "Soundtrack", and I'll try just about anything (preferrably w/o a ton of cursing).
- Actors/Actresses: HUGH JACKMAN!!! <3, Sean Bean, Leonard Nimoy, Mariska Hargitay, Sam Waterston, Richard Belzer.
Movies: Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Thirteen, The X-Men Series, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Green Mile, and so many others.
- Ongoing Series: Dexter, Game of Thrones, Hell's Kitchen, MasterChef, Law & Order: SVU, Mad Men, Project Runway, White Collar, Royal Pains, Suits, The Daily Show, It's Me or the Dog, Mythbusters, Big Bang Theory, Naruto Shippuden, Intervention.
Completed Series: Star Trek (The Original Series), House M.D., Highlander, Law & Order, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Fear Factor, Kings, The Practice, Firefly, Outsourced, Lost, Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Nintendo Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero: World Tour.
Nintendo DS: The Fire Emblem series.
Nintendo Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Burnout 2, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.
Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver.
Nintendo 64: Pokemon Stadiums 1 & 2, Pokemon Puzzle League, Mario Kart 64.
PC: Team Fortress 2, Gunbound, Shaiya, Ragnarok Online, Petz (1-5).
- Authors: Michael Crichton, Octavia E. Butler, Stan Lee, Brian Jacques.
Genres: Teen Fiction, Psychology Non-Fiction, Fantasy, Sci-Fi.
- Kick-boxing, tennis, badminton, volleyball, water polo, swimming... always for fun, never for competition.
- I admire anyone who would take the time and effort to help their fellow human beings. I believe in the "everyday" hero.
Oh, and Jesus, because He is the reason why I am alive, both in the physical and spiritual sense. =)
- Favorite quotes
- "There's no cure for normal." - PSY
"What we think, we become." - Buddha
"You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time." - Pat Schroeder
- Other interests
- I think it's safe to say that I enjoy my staff duties on TeenHelp. =D
- anony mouse.
- Penguins love you
- Beautiful Disaster
- survivor. :)
- April 28th, 2011
- GREAT BIG HUG
- makes everything 20% cooler.
- Staff On Leave
- Doing "Rob" stuff.
- Love & Death