Hugh Jackman ♥
- Southern California
- About me
- NOTE: I serve as a volunteer staff member on TeenHelp. The support and advice I offer falls under my role as a "non-professional." I cannot treat you as a client, meaning I cannot diagnose you or offer any "professional" services. I am happy to assist you in your search for a mental health professional, should TeenHelp prove to be inadequate for meeting your needs!
I apologize in advance for my tendency to post loooong responses for VMs, PMs, and forum posts. =P
I earned my Master's degree in clinical psychology in April 2013! I plan to become a licensed marriage and family therapist in a few years, and have extensive research and peer counseling experience that has spanned over a decade. I am currently working with two non-profit agencies.
I have been in four relationships, and have learned a great deal from each one. The first was abusive in more ways than one; the second lasted for over four years (despite being long-distance); the third was a "rebound relationship" (which, of course, ended badly); the fourth has been absolutely amazing, and I married the love of my life in April 2014! <3 I truly believe that, with effective communication and a great deal of commitment, long-distance relationships can work under the right circumstances. I can honestly say I have experienced the best and worst aspects of relationships, and I hope I can use those experiences to help other members on TeenHelp. =)
I am currently the Operations Team Leader for TeenHelp. I am also a member of the Disputes and Volunteering Committees for TeenHelp. I joined TeenHelp on June 11th, 2009, and became a HelpLINK Mentor on July 16th, 2009. I was promoted to Forum Moderator for "Relationships and Dating" on December 16th, 2009, "Friends and Family" on March 15th, 2010, "Mental Health" on July 29th, 2011, "Education and Careers" on May 17th, 2012, and "Rape and Abuse" on January 25th, 2014. I became the first-ever Volunteering Officer on October 13th, 2012, and I also became a Project Advisor on April 12th, 2014. In the past, I held the roles of Article Editor/Avatar Magazine Editor (Mind and Body), Social Networking Officer, Social Groups Moderator, and Operations and Procedures Committee member.
Feel free to send me a VM, PM, or e-mail anytime, about anything! I'm here to listen, not to judge.
(Avatar image credit goes to Tom Munro!)
- Here for
- Supporting TeenHelp's Members
- Relationship status
- "My Beloved is Mine and I am His" (Married!!!)
- Master's Degree in Clinical Psychology
- Marriage and Family Therapist Registered Intern
- Christian (Non-Denominational)
- Zodiac sign
- Nothing in particular. I spend a lot of my time online, meeting new people and discovering new interests.
- Artists: (in no particular order) Muse, Hans Zimmer, Bonnie Tyler, Swedish House Mafia, Coldplay, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Linkin Park, Queen, Owl City, DJ Tiesto, Guns N' Roses, The Postal Service, She & Him, Massive Attack, Michelle Branch, Dido, Jewel, Nickelback, Daughtry, Metro Station.
Genres: Techno (preferably without lyrics), Classical Piano, Soundtrack, and I'll try just about anything (preferably without a ton of cursing).
- Actors/Actresses: HUGH JACKMAN!!! <3, Sean Bean, Leonard Nimoy, Mariska Hargitay, Sam Waterston, Richard Belzer.
Movies: Ocean's Eleven, Ocean's Thirteen, The X-Men Series, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Green Mile, and so many others.
- Ongoing Series: (in no particular order) Law & Order: SVU, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Chicago Fire, Game of Thrones, MasterChef, Mad Men, Project Runway, Face Off, White Collar, Royal Pains, Suits, Mythbusters, Big Bang Theory, Whose Line Is It Anyway?
Completed Series: (in no particular order) Star Trek (The Original Series), Star Trek (The Next Generation), Intervention, Dexter, Breaking Bad, House M.D., Highlander, Law & Order, Law & Order: Los Angeles, Fear Factor, Kings, The Practice, Firefly, Outsourced, Arrested Development, Almost Human, It's Me or the Dog.
- I don't really have time for games anymore (just Hearthstone), but these are/were my favorites!
Nintendo Wii: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero: World Tour.
Nintendo DS: The Fire Emblem series.
Nintendo Gamecube: Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Burnout 2, GoldenEye: Rogue Agent.
Game Boy Color: Pokemon Silver.
Nintendo 64: Pokemon Stadiums 1 & 2, Pokemon Puzzle League, Mario Kart 64.
PC: Hearthstone, Pogo.com Games, Gunbound, Team Fortress 2, Shaiya, Ragnarok Online, Petz (1-5).
Mobile: Angry Birds.
Board/Card Games: I'll try just about anything!
- The Bible, Jurassic Park and most other books by Michael Crichton, the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling, and just about anything that discusses psychology in an interesting way.
- Kick-boxing, tennis, badminton, volleyball, water polo, swimming... always for fun, never for competition.
- Jesus, because He is the reason why I am alive, both in the physical and spiritual sense. =)
I admire anyone who would take the time and effort to help their fellow human beings. I believe in the "everyday" hero.
- Favorite quotes
- "There's no cure for normal." - PSY
"What we think, we become." - Buddha
"You can't wring your hands and roll up your sleeves at the same time." - Pat Schroeder
- Other interests
- I think it's safe to say that I enjoy my staff duties on TeenHelp. =D
- *~Glittery Queer~*
- I'm not actually here.
- *~Shimmery Queer~*
- "I am 100potato sure."
- *~Sparkly Queer~*
- I was born to survive.
- PM me anytime!
- Adam the Fish
- The Skittlemeister.
- Always *
- Penguins love you