View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Yours Truly Offline
Ashley<3(:
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Ashley

Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16 Points: 12,459, Level: 16

Re: why do people self harm? - May 14th 2013, 01:50 AM

Personally, for me, I was tired of trying to talk to people because every time I did try to verbalize what was wrong or why I was depressed, people twisted my words and made it about themselves and no one really seemed to care about how I was feeling.. They'd just give me drugs (anti depressants) and basically tell me to quit complaining. So I did. I stopped telling people what was wrong. Even when the medicine made me feel really odd at first.. It made me like a zombie.. I was extremely irritable, easily pissed off, super hormonal/easily upset, and most importantly: numb. I was numb. All the time. I felt nothing. I wanted to feel something, and I needed a way to deal with how people were treating me, and I couldn't talk about it.. so I cut.

However, I'm 2 years SH free now. Not to say I don't want to sometimes.. Actually.. I still want to rather frequently.. But I don't. I think I've kicked the habit for the most part. <3

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle." <3

Feel free to PM/VM me if you ever need someone to talk to, or just want someone to listen. I'm also always up for making new friends.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.