View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: College and Working - August 6th 2013, 08:59 PM

I would like to thank all three of you for your responses.

Katie: I completely agree with it is harder to go to school and work, it is very difficult. I have done it before and I couldn't handle it because I was working overnights and right after work I went straight from work to school. I was up for 19 hours and repeated this. I ended up dropping a course but I was upgrading and discovered I didn't need the math for what I wanted to take.

Kat: I have balanced my life doing many things here and there, I dislike not doing something, it bothers me. A part-time job will provide me with income and I know I stated roughly 20 hours per week to work. But I can easily change that. I can not work while in school, it's not possible. Once my College Assistance runs out in April, I can not go and ask for Government Assistance they will deny me. Due to I am in school. 8-12 hours per week seems really valid and will check it out. I am looking into jobs that are simple and easy less exhausting and demanding. 4-5 hours per day isn't much when I can work 4 days a week.

Brody: Yes, I've had to learn fast how to grow up and survive in this world making choices. Finishing high school in 2012 was extremely difficult because I almost dropped out. I know more than anyone that has been living at home being supported by family, I've had to support myself and finish high school. I mean it's hard but at the same time I did it. I can not work while in College. Right now I'm not working due to my former job which caused me grief so resigned to take care of myself.

At this point I am being supported by Government Assistance for two months till I start College. The last thing I want to ever happen is face financial crisis which I've came upon many times and the stress from it, it's to unbearable to handle. I'm already behind in two bills right now because I am getting way less money because I am not working. That is why I need to figure this crap out.

I just can't handle my cousin giving me criticism at this point. She has however helped me with my College Courses because I applied to the wrong Program. I am thankful that she helped me. I just don't need her to tell me this will be hard on me. I've been through shit in my life, I think I can handle this.

Thank You for your responses it really helped me

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator