View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: I know im young but i would like a girlfriend - September 16th 2013, 12:52 PM

Let me ask you this, and you should ask yourself this as well: are you really wanting a girlfriend because you feel like you're ready for it, or you just want it so badly because pretty much everyone, including your friends, has one already? From the looks of it, don't take this the wrong way, but you're coming off a bit desperate on this. It's okay though because I've felt the same way many times before. I know it can be very hard trying to find that special someone, but you can't lose hope and faith on that one. Personally I've never dated any girl yet, but I've learned from experience that I shouldn't be stressing over this, and you shouldn't either. There's a lot of girls at your school that you can actually approach. True, not all of them will be pleased to talk to you, but if you just keep on trying to talk to and meet as many girls as you can, you will come across the one that you've been seeking. I don't believe that you're not confident; I think that your mind is just playing a trick on you and really, you can be. You just got to believe that you are. As for how to carry on conversations with girls, you need to be an active listener and actually listen to what they're saying. Then, you can actually use what they say to you and formulate that into the next thing that you say to them. Also, don't be afraid of taking it any further with a girl that interests you and shows interest back. You don't need to tell her directly that you have feelings for her, and instead, just indirectly show that you like her with the use of body language such as having good posture and putting your hands in your back pockets. If it doesn't end up working out, don't give a darn if you get made fun of or bullied for that because if you do, that just gives people all the more reason to step on you, and you don't want that. Don't be pushing yourself too hard with trying to find a girlfriend. You have a long way ahead of you. It's better to be patient and eventually come across the right one than to have several relationships that don't end up working out. Believe it or not, this is what I believe to be true.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk