View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Moving in with Boyfriend - January 15th 2014, 10:57 PM

I moved into an apartment with my boyfriend after dating for 20 months; however, we were already planning on getting married long before we moved in together (he proposed 4 months later), so it's different from what you're considering. The best advice I can offer is to be completely honest with yourself, and to encourage your boyfriend to do the same. If you have any issues now, then there's a good chance they'll become even bigger issues after you begin to live together. Communicate! I thought my communication was great... until I started living with my boyfriend. Be prepared for an adjustment period, even if you two love each other. Get a sense for how the two of you will deal with each other's "pet peeves" and "quirks" (e.g., if one partner dumps clothing on the floor and the other partner is a "neat freak," how will you two address that conflict?). If you have any - and I mean ANY - doubts, then hold off on moving in together. Better safe than sorry, because as you said, changing/breaking a lease agreement is a pain in the butt.