Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34 Points: 57,742, Level: 34

Re: college, what do I do? (from the UK) - November 13th 2014, 08:54 PM

Hey Matt,

You may be able to drop out, if you have something else lined up. It’s best to talk to your tutors about it.

Is there something in particular that you don’t particularly like about college? Or is it just not living up to your expectations? If college isn’t for you, there are other options, depending on what you are studying and what you want to do in life. You could do apprenticeships in some subjects, so you would be learning on the job.

Since you love what you are doing, I’m wondering if it’s best to stick with it, and try to think about how you could make your experience more enjoyable. As Emily said, it also does depend on what you want to do in the future. If there are other options for what you are studying that would lead you to the same or similar career in the future, it may be a good idea to look into those. Otherwise, it may be a case of, if you drop out of college, would this harm your future chances of a particular career?

I think it would be a good idea for you to set aside some time, to review your options and plan where to go from here. And talk to your tutors too.

Best wishes!

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer