View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: How much harm did smoking do to me? - November 29th 2015, 12:14 PM

Hello there,

Welcome to TeenHelp if you have any questions about anything feel free to send myself or another volunteering staff a message.

I think the most important thing here is do you want to continue to play sports where you want to stop smoking cigarettes? OR do you want to continue to smoke cigarette and not play sports?

We aren't allowed to give out medical advice here on TeenHelp, however, your body is still growing at the age of 15. It seems you haven't smoked a lot of nicotine which means after 24-72 hours the nicotine will be gone and out of your system (if someone were to smoke more and for a much longer period of time, this would be different).

It sounds like sports are something you really enjoy and this can be an outlet to use to not smoke cigarettes. I know you mentioned you want to play sports again after exams, are you able to play sports before summer? You mention you don't have any cravings but you enjoy the taste. Those two things sometimes are missed, you miss the taste so you have some cravings for it. Is it possible to find another healthier alternative to smoking? You could use something you enjoy the taste of and replace the nicotine taste with that. For instance if you enjoy vanilla, you can taste the natural vanilla to replace the nicotine cravings.

Ultimately, this is your decision to quit smoking.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.
Take Care.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator