Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: After High School Stress - April 13th 2016, 05:31 PM

Hey there (and welcome to TeenHelp!)

When we get to the ending of school, it can be daunting to think about the future, especially if we don't really know what we want to do.

It can be helpful to think about what classes you enjoy and what you are good at and research what universities offer courses that build on these things. Or you could look at all the courses on offer, or just look online for different careers and see if anything interests. Don't forget you can always talk to your teachers (and in particular a careers advisor, if your school has one).

Aside from not knowing what you want do (which is completely understandable at your age) is there anything in particular that worries you about university? It can definitely be a scary time, and I was really nervous too seeing as I got picked on in school and didn't have many friends. I dreaded going to university. But honestly, university and school are so different, and I had a much better time at university!

While it's good to want to go back for another semester, it's also good to remember to not let fear control your life. I'm sorry to hear that your father isn't understanding. Is there anyone else in your life you could talk to? Perhaps another relative or a particular teacher?

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed and lonely. It's good to cry though and let your feelings out. How long have you been feeling this way for? If it's been a while, or things don't seem to improve, you might want to talk to a counsellor. Not only can they help you to manage your feelings, but they might be able to help you explore what you want to do after school too.

Hope this helps a bit

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer