(#2 (permalink)) Old
CrusadingAvenger Offline
An Inspiration For The Broken
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19 Points: 17,323, Level: 19

Re: Was it Rape? - June 8th 2016, 07:08 AM

Hello there,

From the details that you are mentioning, it sounds like it was sexual assault or sexual harassment that your former best friend committed. I wouldn't call it rape because he didn't strip off your clothes or had oral sex with you against your will. It's good that you cut off contact with him thanks to the help of your other best friend. However, if you are scared that he will do it again, my advice to you would be to file a sexual harassment report to your local police station, and seek safety, whether it'd be a battered women's shelter, or even a friend's place where the guy won't know where you're at. Make sure that you don't go to places where he'll know that you're at. I'm sure that if you file a report to the police, they will suggest some instruction as to what will be best for you to do with your situation. If you are uncomfortable going alone to the police station, ask that best friend of yours to help you by having that person go with you to file the report.

If you are given the option of getting a restraining order on him, I would recommend not to get one, but I'll leave that entirely up to you. Only you know what's best for you to do in this situation. However, I will let you know that a restraining order may not keep him from making those forceful sexual advances towards you, especially since he sounds like the type of guy that can't take no for an answer. Keep that in mind.

I wish you all the best with your situation, and I hope everything improves.

“The main thing is realizing that even if you feel terrible for a while, that’s not how you’re going to feel the whole time. . . . Things change if you just keep moving.” - Gary Vaynerchuk