View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39

Re: Hanging out witb your boyfriend for the first time😌 - May 27th 2017, 08:03 PM

Hey,

Do you know what's making you nervous? Is it seeing him, or is it the plans you have? If you're not too sure, you could try writing out how you feel and seeing if that helps you organise your thoughts a little bit more. Either way, I'd recommend having a chat with him about how you're feeling as, if there's an obvious reason or a less obvious reason, it's worth letting him know. Nervousness is ok and it happens to a lot of people, but talking to him about it may give you and him the chance to connect in a way that makes you feel more at ease around him.

Perhaps it would be worth doing things within your comfort zone to begin with too. Start out by going to places you're already familar with. Maybe you can take him to a coffee shop or restaurant you like, or pop to the cinema you usually go to with him. Gradually, you and branch out a bit more until you're comfortable enough to not feel so anxious about going out with him. It may take time and that's ok, but if you work on this with him rather than on your own, you'll find that it's a lot less hard on you!

I hope this helps.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff