View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39 Points: 74,726, Level: 39

Re: I feel that my tattoo artist just refused to do black work on my arm - August 1st 2017, 04:49 PM

I think with things like tattoos and piercings, or any sort of modifications which are permanent potentially, people wouldn't be doing their jobs right if they didn't try to put you off of something which you may potentially come to dislike. Perhaps they were trying to offer you other options because they genuinely thought that something else may have made you happier and that they were doing you a favour. At the end of the day, tattoo shops are businesses and if they are popular, their custom may come from word of mouth. If you got a black out tattoo and came to really dislike it, and told other people about this, it may put them off, and so they avoid this by doing something they know is more popular with more people.

Perhaps you can pop in and talk to someone about how you felt and ask them whether a black out tattoo is something they would do even if they didn't entirely agree with it? If it isn't, you can look into other places who might. And if you feel like they treat you badly with regards to it again there is nothing to stop you making a complaint later on down the line if it helps you feel a bit better too.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff