(#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: College dorm or stay at home? - February 23rd 2020, 08:04 PM

How do you feel about the idea of living in a dorm? Do you feel excited by the idea and look forward to making new friends and getting involved in the social side of college? Or do you feel a bit nervous and maybe needing some time to yourself, away from other people?

Also, how long will you be in college for? Maybe, if you were nervous, it might be possible to stay at home for the first year, and then when you are settled and have made friends, you can find a place to live with your friends the year after? Or the other way around- you can move out and then if you don't like it, you can go back home.

As Court said above, finances are important as well. Maybe look at the cost overall of moving out vs staying at home. I also agree with maybe a pros and cons list, and if you decide you want to move out, to check out the dorms as well, just to see what they are like.

When I went to university, I stayed home and travelled into university. I found that arrangement suited me better though the travelling did get tiring. I didn't feel ready to move out at the time but think I feel more prepared now. But that's my experience. Since it sounds like your parents are supportive, whatever you decide to do, it really depends on how you feel

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer