(#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Quarantine - April 8th 2020, 09:27 PM

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the lockdown. I hope the previous replies helped though!

It's understandable that if you have felt lonely and isolated before then the lockdown may only make these things worse or more noticeable. But it might help to remember that this lockdown won't last forever (though I'm sure it feels like it at times!) While we've never been in this situation before and lockdown may continue for quite some time yet, each day is a day closer to lockdown eventually ending.

It's good that you are trying to use this time to be productive or distract yourself. But I think it can sometimes be good to accept that you are having a difficult time right now rather than feeling bad when you've not been productive. I definitely agree with trying to create a routine that incorporates both work and leisure though to try to keep you balanced- so that you aren't trying to do too much nor too little and then feeling guilty.

It must be so hard not being able to see your mum, sister and friends, and even then calls and texts are a good way to keep in touch, it's natural that you'd prefer to be with them. What's helping me at the moment when I miss people is to think about all the things I'd like to do with them when lockdown ends. This may help as it can give you something positive to focus on but be careful as you may end up missing your loved ones more. You could just think about it in general terms what you'd like to do when lockdown is eventually over...me and my family have all realised things we have taken for granted and have decided we won't take these things for granted again!

You might also want to let someone, whether it's family or a friend, know how you feel. Chances are they feel the same way and it can help to reassure each other.

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer