(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Quarantine Dating - July 31st 2020, 10:02 AM

Hello!

Thanks for coming onto TeenHelp for your query. Emma and Eli have already provided great answers, and I definitely second them.

The current situation is such that we have to manage with what we have at hand. Something as simple as meeting someone for a coffee date has become elusive, almost a thing of the past Since we can't predict when exactly things will be back to normal, it's best to adjust with the best we can do right now. So do what you'd usually do for a date, but virtually instead. If you enjoy dinner dates, you and your partner could have a Zoom dinner date; I know a close friend of mine who would do this with her boyfriend who lived in another country, even before the pandemic broke out.

I also like the idea of going somewhere while maintaining infection control practices like Eli mentioned - you could go somewhere together, and just make sure to wear masks, bring along hand sanitisers, etc.

This article here has some more lovely ideas (especially the letter one!): https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...cing-pandemic/