TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JessaMay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,628, Level: 10 Points: 4,628, Level: 10 Points: 4,628, Level: 10

Quarantine Dating - July 27th 2020, 06:54 PM

How is everyone else dating during the quarantine? Zoom dates? Social distancing dating? Need ideas. Thanks!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,150, Level: 47 Points: 109,150, Level: 47 Points: 109,150, Level: 47

Re: Quarantine Dating - July 28th 2020, 02:00 PM

Hello,

I'm sorry that you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. When we have to stay home and be away from everyone, it can be so hard. Because we are used to being able to go out to see our friends, our boyfriends and girlfriend and then when we are not able to, it can be really hard to keep in touch with them. If you want to try you can talk on the phone with your friends or text or Skype with them for a while. You can be on the phone or Skyping with someone and both of you watch a movie together on Netflix or Hulu. Then when it is over you can talk about it together. Or if you both like video games and have the same one, you can play a game together when talking or Skyping. Or if you are able to you can make cookies and put it on the doorstep and go back home. Let them know that they have something outside. It can be a little bit harder this way because we are not always seeing them face to face. But if you really like someone or you are friends with them, it can work out. We just have to change it up a little bit and that is when we are able to find new ways to come together. I wish you the best with this. Hugs

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Quarantine Dating - July 29th 2020, 09:47 PM

I was single when the pandemic started, with the exception of a friend with benefits, so it's not exactly "dating." I've still seen him during the quarantine as part of my (very) small social circle, but only a couple of times. I know he wears his mask everywhere and takes good care to practice proper COVID hygiene practices, so I feel comfortable taking that risk.

I am interested in dating but it is hard to make it happen during COVID. I primarily use dating apps and dating websites. There's been some connections that have carried on for a while, but most of them fizzle out because it's hard to maintain interest with someone whose chemistry you can't test in person for an indefinite amount of time.

That said, there are practices for those who are dating. Emma suggested good ones. I wouldn't underestimate the power of social distancing dates. Having a picnic on separate blankets in the park, or any outdoor space really. Playing a sport or a game together. Zoom is always a good option, too. I would also recommend keeping rituals to make things seem more solid and normal in this uncertain time. For example, you could always make sure to send a good morning and goodnight text.

Hope this helps.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Quarantine Dating - July 31st 2020, 10:02 AM

Hello!

Thanks for coming onto TeenHelp for your query. Emma and Eli have already provided great answers, and I definitely second them.

The current situation is such that we have to manage with what we have at hand. Something as simple as meeting someone for a coffee date has become elusive, almost a thing of the past Since we can't predict when exactly things will be back to normal, it's best to adjust with the best we can do right now. So do what you'd usually do for a date, but virtually instead. If you enjoy dinner dates, you and your partner could have a Zoom dinner date; I know a close friend of mine who would do this with her boyfriend who lived in another country, even before the pandemic broke out.

I also like the idea of going somewhere while maintaining infection control practices like Eli mentioned - you could go somewhere together, and just make sure to wear masks, bring along hand sanitisers, etc.

This article here has some more lovely ideas (especially the letter one!): https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...cing-pandemic/
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42

Re: Quarantine Dating - August 2nd 2020, 06:48 AM

Hello there,

I'm technically in a relationship but when the pandemic first hit, I didn't see my boyfriend for a couple of weeks which was hard for the both of us as we were both working and our jobs didn't allow us to work from home. After a few weeks, we agreed to see each other for 2 days a week/sleepover () and now we're back in our normal routine.

Closed Thread