Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: My mom thinks I don’t care about her - October 1st 2020, 07:40 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about your mom's illness and the fallout as a result of deciding you want to stay with your aunt.

I do wonder why your aunt wanted you to stay with her? It sounds like it was originally decided that you wouldn't but despite that she continued to ask and your cousin also asked you. It feels like there may have been some pressure to change your mind?

You are young and it can't be easy for you to have to come to terms with your mom's illness and surgery. It's understandable that you would be tempted to take up your aunts offer to stay with her. It must've been really difficult for you to have made up your mind, only for you to be told harshly that you won't be going. More so with your mom accusing you of never loving her and telling you that you are a disappointment. Under normal circumstances, your mom would be in the wrong saying these things to you. But it sounds like your mom's illness is serious and maybe she let her emotions get the better of her.

I don't think you don't care or if you were wrong. It sounds like it was a tough situation for you all and emotions were running high. Have things calmed down a bit now? It might be worth thinking about why you wanted to stay with your aunt. It sounds like part of it may have been that you don't feel prepared for your mom's surgery or that you'd have to take on more responsibility. If this is the case, maybe you can talk to your parents and get them to explain the surgery and your responsibilities a bit better so that you feel a bit better prepared? If your aunt thought that maybe you staying with her would take the pressure off your parents, you might also want to talk to them about that as well. If you feel that talking about this is difficult, you can always write a letter instead.

No-one here can really say whether you should stay or go. That's up to you and your parents.

Hope this helps a bit

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer