(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: "Pandemic Fatigue" - January 13th 2021, 06:49 PM

This is all really helpful advice and I can definitely say I understand the pandemic fatigue that's happening now. I, too, wish I could go back to normal. I miss seeing my friends and not caring about getting the train for a long journey, and going to see films in the cinema or days out. It's all stuff we took for granted that we can't do, and nobody likes being told they're not allowed to do the things that make them happy.

I think your advice here is really good - especially about the over-exposure to news. I ended up blocking news notifications and restricting how many times I looked at the headlines as it became almost compulsive to check the minute I woke up and then multiple times a day. News is constructed to be sensationalist; it sells because it's dramatic. Limiting this, if anxiety is something you're prone to, is a really good idea.

I hope you and everyone else is holding up okay. These are tough times but there's some very helpful advice here which I'm sure will help many people. Thank you for sharing.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff