Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: What's the matter with my best friend? - February 27th 2021, 07:16 PM

Hey,

I can understand your concern here too and I agree with Sarah that messaging a mutual friend to check in is definitely justified, even if it just puts your mind to rest about the situation. There could be plenty of reasons for him slipping away and not staying in touch and I don't see any harm in making sure he is okay.

I also had a similar situation whereby a friend of mine who I'd been through school with and been close with for over 10 years suddenly deleted all social media accounts and I had no way to contact him. Knowing he had been through many issues with his home life and his mental health hadn't been it's best, I asked someone I knew to contact someone he knew to check in. Luckily I also ran into him in the street and found out he was ok, but for many reasons had distanced himself from social media.

Hopefully the reasoning behind it is innocent. That being said I can understand why you're worried and I would be too purely because the behaviour isn't what you're used to in him, and you were so close before all of this started happening.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff