Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39 Points: 74,747, Level: 39

Re: I don't know whats happening with me? - March 3rd 2021, 06:43 PM

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out for support here and I hope you manage to get the help you need.

I think Holly's question as to the reasons for your 'over the top' behaviour is a good one. Is it that you feel you have to act a certain way, or is it just genuinely a behaviour which emerges naturally in this situation? If it's the latter, it might not necessarily be a bad thing. Energetic behaviour is not always a bad thing. It could be a sign that you're more comfortable there in expressing yourself. Otherwise, if you feel you are acting in ways which feel unnatural, consider why this is. Do you feel you have to act like this to fit in, as mentioned above? If so, what about the situation makes you feel like this? If it is people who have said something, maybe you can bring it up with those people.

I mainly wanted to let you know that there's no need to feel bad after being energetic and 'loud' around people or in classes. These aren't necessarily bad things, and you should never feel bad for the way you have acted if it isn't harming anyone. I can understand how you feel as I have often said things or acted in certain ways before and then gone over it again and again in my head, criticising myself. I think almost everyone can say the same and it's very normal to feel like that. But being who you are, whether you're more reserved or more energetic, is not a bad thing. People are unlikely to hate you for being energetic. Sometimes this is actually something people really like! I know that having a friend who is upbeat is sometimes enough to lift my mood too, so don't be too hard on yourself. A good mood is not a bad thing at all.

I think that if your mood is worrying you though, speaking to someone is a really good idea. If you have a counsellor at your school or a teacher you get on particularly well with, perhaps you can mention it to them? There is a level of confidentiality there, and if nothing else they may help you understand the root of your guilt about being energetic and help you come to terms with that. Reaching out isn't a weakness, so don't be afraid to seek help in real life as well as online.

If you have any questions or want to talk at all, feel free to reach out again. I hope this helps a bit.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff