Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I have a crush on my best friend - March 4th 2021, 07:11 PM

Hey,

I don't have a heap of advice for you but I just wanted to say I'm sorry you found out like that and it can't have been nice for you given the feelings you have for your friend. I'm sorry that you felt like you wanted to cry at that moment.

I know that it must be upsetting to know that someone you really like is seeing another person, and I can completely understand why you feel jealous about this. I would suggest being as supportive as you can for your friend though, as clearly this person means a lot to you and so being happy for her will no doubt help her to feel supported. It's also good that you've acknowledged how you feel, both with regards to her and also in response to finding out about her date with another person. You're allowed to feel those things and jealousy and being upset doesn't make you a bad person. I think it's very normal. Allow yourself some time to adjust to this information, and if you feel you can, maybe reach out to other people you trust and lean on them for support.

Sorry if I don't have a huge amount of advice for you, but I just wanted you to know I hear you and I understand why you feel as you do. I hope you're doing ok.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff