(#6 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: My school's laughable anti-bullying stance - March 22nd 2021, 10:33 AM

Hi Tommy,

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm so sorry that you had to go through such a tough time at school with those meanies.

Bullying is such a big problem on its own, but it's worse when the school doesn't take any action on it. It's very good that you are seeking help from your counsellor; I hope you've had a chance to talk to her about this.

However, you did the right thing by reporting the incident to the school. Don't let the outcome (i.e. headmistress accusing you of lying) ever deter you from standing up for yourself!! In this time and age, it's just so important that you feel empowered to stand up for yourself and your rights.

It's also nice to know that you're no longer attending that school and that you're now looking forward to moving to a new school with Ted. I hope you have a great time at the next chapter of your life!

Nothing is more important than mental health. I can see that you're working hard to remain optimistic in the face of adversity. Do remember to take some time out each day to unwind and calm down from all that's happening. You've been through a lot after all.

Take care

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.