Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I nearly did it today - March 30th 2021, 09:03 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like today was a hard day for you. I'm sorry to hear it got to the point where you were contemplating hurting yourself. I know it must have been both scary and hard for you at that point, and you did so well to get through it and reach out for help here.

Do you know if it was anything in particular that caused you to feel this way today? Is there a certain trigger which bought this on? Perhaps if there is, you can find a way to minimise your exposure to this in the future. For example, if you find that a certain upsetting situation is happening around you, you can put some headphones in or practice some grounding techniques, like taking note of things you can see, hear, feel etc. As well as helping to keep your mind grounded, it also gives you something other than the upsetting thing to focus on, which might help as you're in a bad spot.

I also agree with Emma in that talking to someone sounds like an amazing idea. A school counsellor is a good way to do this. Is there any way you might be able to access a therapist? Are you able to speak to a family member who can help you to speak to somebody? In the mean time, hotlines are an amazing way to get help in the moment if you feel like you might be a risk to yourself. Depending on where you live, there are loads of amazing hotlines which you can phone, or sometimes text or livechat. Here is a list of some. Hopefully you can find one for where you live, and have it as a 'just-in-case'.

I think the fact you got through this today is a huge achievement, so if you experience something similar to this again, just know you had the strength this time, and you can have that again in all difficutlies you might face in life. You don't have to do it alone, so please reach out where yuo can and get support, whether through TH, therapy, or a hotline. Someone is always there to listen when you're in a bad place, and that might make it every so slightly easier to find a way out again. I hope you're doing okay. Stay strong.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.