Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: i don't think i've got much longer left to live - April 7th 2021, 07:03 PM

Hey

I'm so sorry you're struggling right now. I know that when things are hard, everything else gets harder too and it's difficult to find the good in among all of that. It's a lot to deal with on your own so I'm glad you've reached out to us here.

I want you to know that everything you do is good enough. Nobody gets it right all the time. I fail at things all the time and it's super frustrating, but even experts get things wrong sometimes. The point I'm trying to make it, failure doesn't have to be a bad thing. It should be a normal thing. It gives you a chance to learn and aim for more, but you should let yourself fail sometimes because it's part of being human. Nobody expects perfection from anyone but themselves, and that's such a difficult mindset to have, but something we're all guilty of. But you should be able to celebrate your successes, even if they're small ones. For example, you've posted a couple of threads lately in the Good Days! forum which have celebrated a sense of belonging and a sense of achievement. These might be things which seem small and which pass, but they happened, and they're amazing. Try and find small things each day which you have succeeded at. It might be something as small as getting out of bed when you really don't want to, or laughing at a joke you heard on TV, or writing a poem you felt quite proud of. They don;t need to be mammoth achievements, but small successes mean just as much as huge ones do, and you deserve to feel proud of them.

Also, you don't need to feel fulfillment from success only. You can enjoy things you're not good at. I enjoy singing to songs and dancing but I'm completely rubbish! Try to do things just for the sake of doing them, and not always for the sake of achieving or succeeding. A really great example might be colouring or drawing. These can be really helpful relaxation tools which help you feel more grounded and in control. But if you're colouring outside the lines or your picture doesn't look perfect, who cares? If it made you feel good in the moment, then it's enough. Keep doing it. Do it for you, not for anybody else. You deserve to feel happy and good just for the sake of it.

I've read a few of your posts here, and I truly believe that you're far from useless. You're going through some hard things right now, so it's okay to feel down, and tired, and like you can't go on. But it will pass. It will take time, and it might not be fun to work on, but it's going tobe so worth it. I recommend reaching out to family, friends, teachers, counsellors if you're struggling in real life. They can be amazing at helping you get through a hard time. If this feels like something you can't do, there are other options out there too. Have a look at some of the hotlines which are listed here. Depending on your country, there are loads of options available, and if you're ever in a crisis and need urgent help, they're a great thing to bare in mind and turn to.

Otherwise, please know you can message me any time you like. I'm happy to talk, or just listen if you need to get something out of your system. Just try and remind yourself, as hard as it might seem and as hopeless as it might feel, you deserve to be here. You deserve to be alive, and you deserve the chance to survive all of the bad days so that you can have better ones one day. I hope you're staying strong.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.