(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: National Pet Day! - April 11th 2021, 06:45 PM

I don't currently have a pet but I have owned a few animals over the years. I had a cat for 18 years. She was a black British short hair who generally didn't like many people, but she was my baby and I'd had her since I was 2 years old. She used to have zoomie sessions in the middle of the night and we'd hear her skidding up and down the hallway and running into walls.

I've also had hamsters, but I never had a whole lot of luck with them. But my two favourites were hamsters I adopted and they were already about 1 year old. One was a sandy coloured hamster and he had no teeth at the bottom of his mouth when I adopted him, so I had to get his top teeth trimmed every couple of months at the vet. He was the friendliest little creature ever.

My most recent pets were three rats and they were the naughiest animals ever. One of them escaped and hid behind a book case for an hour when my flat mate opened his cage once, and he was a biter so we had to basically risk our lives to get him back. The three of them used to play fight all night, gnaw on the bars and annoy me, but they used to run straight over to see me when I came home and they always LOVED shredded carrot fed to them by hand.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.