(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: How do I stop doubting myself??? - May 13th 2021, 07:03 PM

I think the advice above is already really good so I'm going to say pretty much the same. If your labels feel right to you, even if they are fluid and subject to change often enough, then they are the right ones. The very nature of being genderfluid means that your labels and your identifications do change, and just because that's the case doesn't invalidate any of the labels you identify with.

In terms of your thoughts about being grey-ace, I completely understand the doubt you feel and I've been there. I'm 26, and I've identified as asexual since around 2015 when I figured out what the term meant. Since then, I've gone back and forth, questioning if ace is the best word for me, wondering if certain emotional traumas are the real reason for my lack of attraction to others, wondering if I'm just straight but haven't met the right person yet. Doubt exists, and it's an absolute nightmare when it creeps back in.

My advice would be similar to the above. I know that labels bring comfort, so if the labels you have are what feel right, then use them. You don't need to be out (especially when it's not safe to be) in order to be who you are. Just because right now it's not a good time or place for you to be out, doesn't mean you have to readjust your own image of yourself. If that image changes later and new words fit better, then that's okay too. It doesn't invalidate anything if things change later, and nobody else's opinion of you should change who you feel comfortable being.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff