View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59

Re: Can your menstrual cycle change after being regular for long? - July 1st 2021, 04:50 PM

It's great that you're keeping track of your periods! That's a really good way to note whether there are any changes, just like you've done.

I am wondering if you have experienced any life changes lately? There are some things that go on that can affect someone's period and make it come early or late. For example, have you been under a lot of stress lately or have you been sick at all? Have you lost or gained weight or started a new diet or exercise routine? Maybe a new medication your body is adjusting to? These are just some examples of things that may change your cycle up. I wouldn't panic too bad until you consider some of the changes in your life that may be throwing things off.

It's still great that you will be going to a doctor if things don't improve. They are the best ones to tell you whether or not it is concerning. Even if your period comes at the right time this month, do you go for regular exams from a doctor/gynecologist? I've been seeing a GYN since I was eighteen just to make sure my birth control wasn't messing with my health at all, and they started giving me PAP smears when I turned 21. It wouldn't hurt to go just to make sure you're healthy.

I hope this helped at least a little!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive