TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, birth control and sexual health, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Can your menstrual cycle change after being regular for long? - July 1st 2021, 04:37 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I'm 20 and I've had a regular cycle of about 28-30 days from the start. Last month it was about 18 days, I thought it might have been a fluke and didn't pay much attention to it, I'm getting cramps today and I think I might get my periods soon(its 17 today.)

If I get my periods early this time too I would definitely go to a doctor.
But for my anxiety, is it possible to have a change this big in cycle if anyone has had a regular since the start? Should I be concerned?

Thank you so much in advance[/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59 Points: 172,560, Level: 59

Re: Can your menstrual cycle change after being regular for long? - July 1st 2021, 04:50 PM

It's great that you're keeping track of your periods! That's a really good way to note whether there are any changes, just like you've done.

I am wondering if you have experienced any life changes lately? There are some things that go on that can affect someone's period and make it come early or late. For example, have you been under a lot of stress lately or have you been sick at all? Have you lost or gained weight or started a new diet or exercise routine? Maybe a new medication your body is adjusting to? These are just some examples of things that may change your cycle up. I wouldn't panic too bad until you consider some of the changes in your life that may be throwing things off.

It's still great that you will be going to a doctor if things don't improve. They are the best ones to tell you whether or not it is concerning. Even if your period comes at the right time this month, do you go for regular exams from a doctor/gynecologist? I've been seeing a GYN since I was eighteen just to make sure my birth control wasn't messing with my health at all, and they started giving me PAP smears when I turned 21. It wouldn't hurt to go just to make sure you're healthy.

I hope this helped at least a little!

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42

Re: Can your menstrual cycle change after being regular for long? - July 2nd 2021, 09:32 AM

Hello there,

Sometimes our bodies do change and our periods can change from being regular to irregular. Different factors can often change this as it affects our bodies more than we think it does. However, if you are concerned, you can always seek advice from your doctor as they will be the best person to speak to. I hope this helped.

Closed Thread