(#4 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Nervous to go back to school in person! - July 30th 2021, 04:10 PM

I can definitely understand your anxiety around returning to school after everything that has happened in the last couple of years. I like the idea of trying out different face mask styles and designs, as well as different fittings too. I had to wear a surgical mask at work for up to 9 hours a day sometimes and I understand that they're not always comfortable! If you wear glasses, I would suggest trying something without a nose clasp on it, as they feel far less uncomfortable without the extra pressure on your nose. Sometimes they can be more breathable too. You may be able to wear a face shield instead too. You would need to ask your school about if this is classed as face coverings where you are, but it's essentially a plastic shield which goes in front of your face and doesn't cause so much pressure on your face. This may be an option if the masks really aren't working for you, but I'd definitely ask to make sure!

I would definitely talk to your school too. If there is a support department there, have a chat about your concerns and find out what the schools policies are, and whether there is any support available to you too. It might help to have someone you can contact if you're struggling.

All in all, I'd say that the masks are a bit of a pain, but once you're used to them you stop thinking about it so much. I definitely struggled getting used to mine, but in the end I hardly knew it was there! It's definitely normal to be anxious and upset about all of this though, so please don't be too hard on yourself.

I hope that it all goes well.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff