Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39

Re: Ukraine and Russia. - March 24th 2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
So we have to have the inequity of feminism to prevent havoc? The world was fine before feminism.
Women dont get drafted and dont usually have combat. Im not sure if they contribute the same way at all in this context.

Women have historically contributed to less than half of history. But that’s only an issue if you make the unfound assumption that women haven’t merely just contributed less than half the value. Historically it was men that died in battles and that is mostly still true today.
The world was never fine before feminism to females. It was fine for men because it benefitted them. Women might not have 'contributed' as much to history, but legally women weren't allowed to work, or publish papers, or enlist in the army at all until fairly recently. Feminism isn't toxic, it's literally the reason I'm allowed to work, vote, and exist as a legally recognised human without being married to a man.

--

On the topic of the war though, I found out that as part of my job, I'm going to be responding to calls and queries for families hosting Ukrainian refugees in their homes in my local area from Monday. It's only a small way to help but I'm glad my work has decided to take on this role, especially since I don't have space in my home to put a Ukrainian refugee up.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.