Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Is it time to quit? - August 23rd 2022, 06:42 PM

Hey there,

When I read your post it immediately resonated with me. When I first went to university, I moved away from home and got into a really bad way. Three weeks later, after crying almost every night and not sleeping, eating, or showering, I made the decision to come home. The following year, I went to a different university, and ended up graduating much happier.

The point is that, we all have thresholds and sometimes we reach our limit. It's really important to recognise when you're unhappy or uncomfortable. I made the decision to leave, but this isn't necessarily what's right for you. The only person who can decide is you.

I would definitely recommend talking to somebody you trust. It sounds like you have some amazing friends who are willing to help if you want to leave, so that's amazing. Do you think you could talk to them about what you're thinking and why? Equally, if you feel comfortable doing so, talking to your coach could be really useful too. Chances are the coach has had people in the camp before who have also really struggled, and will know how to help in some way. Maybe they can help you to stick it out for a few more days just to see if things improve, but if not, they may be able to offer you another camp at another time. Being open and honest is a really good way to make sure you've explored all options, and to make the decision best for you.

Whatever that choice is, please don't ever worry about disappointing people. I had that fear too, but in the end had everyone I knew supporting me for doing the best thing for myself. Decisions like this are difficult, and it's hard to know the right choice to make, but as long as you're doing it for you, then it won't be the wrong one.

If you want to chat at all please let me know! I hope you're doing okay.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.