View Single Post
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Ngikhona Offline
Inkululeko.
I've been here a while

Name: Keeley Siobhan

Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22 Points: 24,468, Level: 22

Re: Do you have a diagnosed physical or mental disability? - January 24th 2010, 12:16 AM

As far as physical disabilities go, I have kyphosis, scoliosis, and asthma. My kyphosis and scoliosis combined totally kill my posture, and I tend to have a decent amount of back pain if I have to sit or lay still for a long period of time. The diagnosis of my kyphosis caused my medical insurance to drop me because they thought I was more or less a liability, so I also had to change my medical insurance because of it. I used to be in physical therapy to cope with this, but I've been out of it for a while and probably need to go back and possibly get a brace. My asthma interferes with my life by making physical activities much harder to do, but I have an inhaler and it helps.

Mentally I have major depression, GAD, ADD, and some mild OCD and dyslexia. The depression and anxiety make it hard for me to get up in the morning and go to school and social events, the ADD makes it hard for me to concentrate once I get there, the OCD makes people think I'm insane when I'm running around straightening things up and tidying things when I'm not even in my own house, and the dyslexia causes me to write sentences like "the penguin slid" into "the denguin slip" since I mix up my Bs, Ps, and Ds. For the depression, GAD, ADD, and OCD I'm taking Sertraline and will be prescribed another medication in the near future since my GAD isn't being helped much. For dyslexia, I'm not getting any treatment as it's not technically diagnosed, so I just compensate for it with my intelligence.

"Love me for me, accept the fact I'm true, live like I want, fufill my dreams,
Dream of me, run out free, capture your words and never let them go."

I'll see you on the other side.