PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Questions for the opposite sex - Volume I - March 16th 2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDONTNO View Post
Is there ever a time when a man can never say the right thing to a woman's problem?

Although I'm not a guy i know that the question
Do these jeans make me look ______?
Is a death sentence.
And when a girl is on her period.
Lol
Of course!

1. Oftentimes, when women start talking about their problems, they don't REALLY want their boyfriends/husbands to fix the problems... they just want someone who will listen and comfort them. So believing that you have to be the "knight in shining armor", always saving your girlfriend/wife aka the "damsel in distress", isn't necessarily the best/right approach.

2. Some problems can't be fixed, or don't have adequate/quick solutions. If you look fat in a pair of jeans... then you either need to buy a new pair of jeans, or lose weight. Of course, that's not an answer anyone wants to give their significant other, because 1) the truth hurts, and 2) the problem takes time to solve (ex. finding a new pair of jeans or working out/dieting to lose the weight).

3. Women can be terribly manipulative at times. They practically set their boyfriends/husbands up for failure by asking questions that they KNOW are impossible to answer "correctly"! So my advice to men: if you notice your girlfriend/wife is in a crabby mood, and is asking these sorts of questions, humor her and weather the storm until she's in a better mood. =P Or, if she's always asking these sorts of questions... maybe you need to find a nicer girlfriend/wife.