View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: Lonely - November 1st 2011, 03:38 AM

Shy people CAN make friends. Don't say you can't do something just because it's going to take a lot of effort on your part. I'm sorry, I hope that doesn't sound harsh... but it's true. I'm a shy person, and I've struggled with this problem on multiple occasions: moving to a new elementary school, a new high school, undergraduate college, and now graduate college. Each time, I have to deal with the same painfully awkward introductions... but instead of saying, "I can't do this," I think, "This is hard, but I'm going to bite the bullet and do it, because I want to have friends." What's awesome is that it WORKS! Sure, some people aren't interested in getting to know me - but there are always people who have similar interests to mine, who have complimentary personalities to mine, or who are just as lonely as I am.

I really do think the best advice I can give you is to meet new people. Get to a point where you're not relying so heavily on this one friend. Keep looking for hobbies/clubs to join as well. Not only will it help you take up free time, but you'll be able to meet potential friends at those meetings/events. =)