Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: i think im sleep cutting - August 2nd 2012, 12:16 PM

Hey there,

I Would say it's not impossible that you hurt yourself in your sleep, but again, it's not the only explanation for the cut. How many times has this happened? If it's just he once I'd say the chances of it being SH in your sleep are pretty slim - not impossible, but not cause for concern. However if it's happened a few times, perhaps think about cutting your nails before you go to bed, or removing any sharp equipment from your reach when you go to sleep. IT's a lot harder not to hurt yourself while you're unconscious, but there are precautions you can take to ensure the chance of it happening are minimised.

Also, think about telling someone about this. If it's gotten to the point where you're harming yourself in your sleep, telling someone would be a good idea so you can get to the root of the problem and tackle what's causing you to do this to yourself. OF course, SH should never be used as a coping mechanism, whether that be consciously or unconsciously, so telling a professional, or even a close family member or friend would be a good idea.

I hope this has helped a bit and hopefully it's not what you think it might be.
Take care,
Hollie.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff