Thread: Female Advice Preferred: My girlfriend is 18 and she's a virgin
View Single Post
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Dark-and-Twisty Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Nicole

Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18 Points: 15,882, Level: 18

Re: My girlfriend is 18 and she's a virgin - September 16th 2012, 03:30 PM

Like the others have said, girls make it VERY obvious.

I'm just adding this as a side note: I've never had a guy ask or push me to have sex with him. In fact, with the two guys I've dated, I was the one to bring up the "sex talk." The first one may have been an idiot, and the second may have been a douche bag, but at least they had that much respect for me. (Side note - I'm still a virgin to intercourse; I've never gone further than what you guys have done, though I've never given a blow job - just a few hand jobs). I had the opportunity to have sex once, but I didn't feel comfortable because I hadn't known the guy long enough. A lot changes in a few months! You need to make your relationship more than sex.

There's so much more to a relationship than the sexual stuff. Go hang out with other friends as a couple, get to know each other outside of the bedroom. Sex isn't everything. There are lots of couples who don't even do the stuff you've done. There are lots of couples who wait a year or two before having sex, and then there are still those who wait until marriage. If I were you, I wouldn't bring it up at all. She'll bring it up eventually. Let her make all the moves, that's what respectful guy would do. Yeah, so what if you have to wait 6 months or a year? If you love her, you'll wait as long as it takes her.

"You say you're all dark and twisty. It's not a flaw, it's a strength. It makes you who you are."

~ Derek, Grey's Anatomy

Last edited by Dark-and-Twisty; September 16th 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 946951 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!