TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Self Expression (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/)
-   -   Triggering (SH): Poem I made a while back. (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f40-self-expression/t161012-poem-i-made-while-back/)

Soda_Voxel December 27th 2020 08:21 PM

Poem I made a while back.

The Spider

There’s a spider on my ceiling.
Every night when I’m trying to rest, I see it crawling on my ceiling.
It’s such a disgusting thing.
I never thought I’d have SPIDERS in my room!
It walks across the ceiling, creeping me out.
I don’t want to look at it, but now it’s there, I just can’t stop thinking about it.
I try to lay my head on my pillow and have a sweet dream.
But even though I’m trying to think of nice things, in the back of my head, all I can think is...
That damn spider.

I just can’t ignore it anymore, it scares me too much, with its creepy-crawly legs.
I take a book and I squash it.
It’s so relieving.
It won’t crawl and scare me anymore.
But as soon as I take the book away and look at the squashed remains of the bug, I feel...guilty.
Look what I’ve done!
Nobody will love me if they know there’s dead spiders in my room!
I bury my head into my pillow, crying.
I try to forgive myself after a while.
I sit back up, and I assure myself I won’t hurt them any more.
I blink.

There’s more spiders on my ceiling.

Dawn. December 28th 2020 12:18 AM

Re: Poem I made a while back.

This is such an amazing piece. :)

Allyson Wood December 28th 2020 07:28 AM

A masterpiece

Celyn December 28th 2020 10:29 AM

I like how you formatted this- it looks like a spider!

This was well written and I can relate to the feelings portrayed in your writing!

DeletedAccount59 December 28th 2020 10:07 PM

The lines look like two inverted spades put together for me. :nosweat:

But seriously, great job with this! I hope you share more of your work with us soon. :)

Arabesque- golfing girl. December 28th 2020 11:46 PM

This was lovely and I enjoyed reading it:) Thank you so much for sharing this with us:)

Ennui. December 30th 2020 11:50 PM

I really like your writing style here, especially how it ended!

DeletedAccount53 December 31st 2020 01:13 PM

That was an incredible read, and so humane towards spiders. Me? I can't stand them, but all the same that was a beautifully written poem and I thank you! :)

Everglow. January 2nd 2021 07:44 PM

This is a really creatively written poem. First of all I love the way it looks visually like a spider. I can't help but really like visual poetry and that was a really clever format to use. I also really liked the poem itself and I feel like every single one of us has been in the position where we're scared of a spider but feel somewhat guilty for killing it :nosweat: I like that it hints at something deeper though. I hope you'll post more of your writing here! thank you for sharing :)

Soda_Voxel January 3rd 2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everglow. (Post 1360524)
This is a really creatively written poem. First of all I love the way it looks visually like a spider. I can't help but really like visual poetry and that was a really clever format to use. I also really liked the poem itself and I feel like every single one of us has been in the position where we're scared of a spider but feel somewhat guilty for killing it :nosweat: I like that it hints at something deeper though. I hope you'll post more of your writing here! thank you for sharing :)

Thank you! To be honest, the formatting looking like a spider was actually an accident - I just wanted it to look centered, haha. But I'm very glad that you and everyone else has liked it - it's one of my favourite poems I've made :)