View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39 Points: 77,427, Level: 39

Re: My parents. - December 4th 2013, 12:00 AM

Hello, Kayla! I'm so sorry you're in this situation right now. I take it your parents have exhausted all the welfare/government support options available to them in Canada? How about non-profit organizations that support families who are struggling financially? I think it's very admirable that you're trying to support your family, and I wish you all the best of luck in your job hunt. I respond to quite a few threads in the Educations and Career forum, and I would definitely advise you to follow up with each of the companies you apply to within 3 days of submitting your application. Unfortunately, simply hitting the "submit" button rarely cuts it these days... you have to be persistent and show that you're eager to take on the work you're applying for. If you can find a way to drive to the locations of the stores/restaurants/etc., then that's even better - meet with the manager and let them see everything you have to offer as an employee! It'll make you stand out from the crowd of applicants.