View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: My Parents aren't NORMAL parents, and They're driving me INSANE! - August 7th 2014, 12:15 AM

Hello Greg,

Lets break this down in smaller pieces but first I wanted to say that everyone's living situation is very different from another, which doesn't mean no one has these similar issues or concerns because we do relate to one another in some way or the other.

Enjoying gaming, watching YouTube videos, and having a goal for your future is what you will thrive in the most. Passion doesn't just always mean going to class and learning you can have a passion from something you very much enjoy doing, like gaming. Gaming isn't seen as horrible or bad, in fact a lot of military use shooting games to train them to desensitize themselves. If you're interested read a bit more about this here is a link. Although both you're parents have reasons why you're spending a lot of time playing video games, for them to take that away from someone doesn't fix the issue or problem.

Having a passion to career for YouTube that is a really amazing goal and you should work hard to get there. What steps might you want take to reach this goal? What kind of things would you need so you can achieve that? Never mind what you're parents think, this is what you want, it's not about them, it's about you. Trying to explain this to your dad may be tricky but you also can't force your dad to understand or listen to you. All you can do is do your best.

Have you ever spoken to your dad about how he makes you feel? Have you expressed any of your frustration with him? Could asking your therapist for an appointment with both your parents where you can be safe to share those feelings, would this be something you could try? Not to mention when you mention your dad is Catholic and forced you to go to Church and everything, this can also be a sign of abuse. If you're forced into something you're not it can affect someone negatively. You do have rights and I do see something here that is a form of abuse. This form of abuse is called, "Cult" you're dad is forcing you into believing something that you don't want to or even want to attend Church, but are forced and have no other choice but to go.

Keep in mind, being 15 and a minor only certain things you can do at 15, it also depends on the Country and Location because every place has it's own laws and regulations. If you posted back what Country you're in I'm more than happy to provide you with some websites and numbers from our Resources and Hotlines section of TeenHelp.

It seems that your mom has a lot of things going on for her. She is angry about something so she takes that frustration out on you and everything else around her. This can also be a form of emotional (verbal) abuse, depending on what is said and how bad it is. Have you ever expressed to her how this makes you feel when she gets angry? Do you ask her why is she angry? Could asking your therapist if you can express those feelings together with her so it's safe and you are able to do that?

If both you're parents are stressing you out and treating you badly, yes this can be abuse. However, depending on your lactation and regulations it's different from others. Yes, you can seek more help on what is going on. You do have options like, group homes, legally leaving your family which is called, "emancipation" and you can find more information on what it is or you can work with a therapist in strengthen your relationship with your parents and work out issues together, where it is safe.

You should follow your dream goals, if you enjoy something and have a passion for it, you can do everything in your power to make that happen whether or not you're still under your parents roof or living somewhere else.

Please take care,
Chantal

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator