Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39 Points: 74,719, Level: 39

Re: Corona Virus. - June 25th 2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
My mum just told me that a guy at my uncle's workplace... his wife tested positive.. but he kept coming into work. My uncle is vulnerable as he has asthma. Who knows if the guy caught it, and if he did, how many people he could spread it to.

My uncle has to go to work today. Then may have to come into contact with the guy. He then has to come home and see my mother and I, which means if he ends up catching it, so will we.

I don't know how I really feel. I feel a mixture of feeling like I want to be in tears, and trying not to over-react.
I'm sorry that you and your family are potentially being exposed due to other people being ignorant, it really isn't fair. It's so frustrating that each person literally has the power to make this go away faster, and then you have people who really seem to not think about it like that.

My sister went home after moving in here for 6 weeks during lockdown so that she didn't have to live alone. The week she got back, her housemate also came home, and then invited lots of her friends round to stay the night and have drinks. So now, even though my grandad is now in our 'bubble', what with him living alone, my sister could potentially pass something onto him. And he has COPD and diabetes, so is high risk, so my sister now can't see him or us. So I get the frustration and the worry about over-reacting versus justified anger.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!