TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

(#201 (permalink)) Old
Omen. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 05:46 AM

There are still a few positive cases where I live but only very little.

(#202 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 01:33 PM

My state started the reopening process on Monday and there was a significant spike in new COVID-19 cases over 24 hours. I don't think we, or any other state in my country, should really be doing this right now. I wish our president or the government was more proactive when it comes to this pandemic.

HelpLINK Mentor Community Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#203 (permalink)) Old
Amaranthus Offline
Articles Writer
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kylie

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyne View Post
Bad news.. It's not opening up like it should.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
I am hoping for the best with all the stuff reopening, My governor stated that different counties can move forward in reopening. He's still taking it slow. I agree with his stance to an extent because some counties were not hit as hard as others so it makes sense they could reopen. He said that the harder hit counties cannot open. I am still quite worried about a second wave. I know a second wave happened in 1918 and I believe it happened with H1N1. I know with the 1918 flu that the second wave was worse and that concerns me but I try really hard not to dwell on it. Wish the government cared more about it's people than the economy but I am also worried about the economy.
I agree, I think I'm in the same place. I'd really like to be able to begin reopening (and we are, slowly) and be able to get back to our lives, but I'm also worried about a second wave, especially since I have vulnerable people in my family. I am worried about the economy, though, and those who have lost their jobs. I definitely don't want this to go on forever.

~Kylie

(#204 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 08:25 PM

@amaranthus - yeah, it sucks

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#205 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 10:32 PM

Over 20,000 confirmed cases as of this morning. Ratings going up but moving to next phase of reopening in 2 days. Restaurants, hair/nail salons, tattoo shops, larger gatherings. They haven't waited long enough to decide. It's gonna get even worse.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#206 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 12:44 AM

Too much pressure from the right wing and people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

It's really sad that this is what's happening in this country. Hopefully elsewhere in the world is better.

HelpLINK Mentor Community Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#207 (permalink)) Old
Heathen Offline
Beauty and Bedlam
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 07:03 AM

I feel like my country is handling absolutely, without a doubt, in the most crappy way imaginable. Nearly 100,000 have died. There's far over a million cases. And our leadership, both on a national and (for me) a state level, is just barreling right on ahead with opening up the economy. I'd like to say I'm surprised but by this point I'm not, really. I have friends who are sick or have been sick with COVID-19, and they report it being absolutely awful. I have friends who've lost their jobs. This is real, and this is affecting people. It could affect me on a personal level, eventually, or my roommate. We could get sick and maybe die. But that doesn't matter, right, as long as people can get their hair cut and their nails done.

The moon asked the crow
For a little show
In the hazy milk of twilight
No one had to know
The moon asked the crow...
  Send a message via Yahoo to Heathen  
  (#208 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
I feel like my country is handling absolutely, without a doubt, in the most crappy way imaginable. Nearly 100,000 have died. There's far over a million cases. And our leadership, both on a national and (for me) a state level, is just barreling right on ahead with opening up the economy. I'd like to say I'm surprised but by this point I'm not, really. I have friends who are sick or have been sick with COVID-19, and they report it being absolutely awful. I have friends who've lost their jobs. This is real, and this is affecting people. It could affect me on a personal level, eventually, or my roommate. We could get sick and maybe die. But that doesn't matter, right, as long as people can get their hair cut and their nails done.

As long as the Economy survives that's all that matters. Millions could die and it wouldn't matter because the ECONOMY. Don't get me wrong, I am terrified about the impacts this could have on the future and my job and all that but I see human life as important. This shows why we need a better run government.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#209 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 22nd 2020, 06:01 PM

Our rate of infection (percent positive) has suddenly shown an increase since we started reopening two weeks ago. But yes, lets further reopen the state in a few hours. Great idea...

(#210 (permalink)) Old
Omen. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 07:39 AM

On 1st June, they are going to let 50 people at a time to go to dinner at restaurants, pubs, etc but won't let more than 50 people in a gym. Go figure.

(#211 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 05:13 PM

Over 1100 new confirmed cases in 1 day. Highest ever; our percent positive RATE is continuing to increase. What a shock...

(#212 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
Over 1100 new confirmed cases in 1 day. Highest ever; our percent positive RATE is continuing to increase. What a shock...
Looks like I might be returning for non-essential work as a high risk person in a week after all... Really not okay.

(#213 (permalink)) Old
Omen. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Corona Virus. - May 24th 2020, 04:03 AM

The state government where I live has confirmed that on 1st June, they will reopen pubs, restaurants and beauty salons but with only 50 people at a time.

(#214 (permalink)) Old
Amaranthus Offline
Articles Writer
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Kylie

Re: Corona Virus. - May 25th 2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
Looks like I might be returning for non-essential work as a high risk person in a week after all... Really not okay.
I'm so sorry that you're in this position. I completely agree that it's not okay. Even though I know it's not much, I will keep you in my thoughts!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#215 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: Corona Virus. - May 26th 2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
My state started the reopening process on Monday and there was a significant spike in new COVID-19 cases over 24 hours. I don't think we, or any other state in my country, should really be doing this right now. I wish our president or the government was more proactive when it comes to this pandemic.
I respectfully disagree. It takes longer than 24 hours to catch COVID-19 even after exposure. It was just a coincidence. There is literally no way that cases could spike only 24 hours after opening. The incubation period is quite a bit longer than that.

Also keep in mind: the goal was from the get go to spread the curve, not eliminate it. I feel we are doing this-- we have been reopening here in Florida during much of May, yet hospitals are NOT overwhelmed ,etc. Despite all the complaints about us Floridians going to the beach during spring break, none of that bullshit they said would happen has happened here. I say reopen. This virus is circulating regardless- no way around it. Shutting the economy down for longer will just worsen the consequences

I am sorry if that seems selfish- but I am one of those people who needs to find a new job because of this. I need to put food on the table, afford essentials, rent etc. I cannot afford to be homeless over this. Either the government gives me a free paycheck or they end this fucking shutdown and let the virus hit. No in between. One stimulus check doesnt pay the rent for the next 12 months.

Keep in mind that some people CANNOT AFFORD the economic ramifications for this. I am not some corporate CEO complaining about being a million dollars short of 30 million... I am someone who could literally be put on the street over this. Keep that in mind. I am in no way willing to live on the street to save some Boomer who smoked half his life. Fuck that.

There needs to be an answer for me that doesnt involve homelessness or prolonged unemployment before I get on board with this fucking shutdown. The boomers who stand a (relatively small risk) of dying have political representation. Where is the representation for those of us who are being royally screwed over and pushed into prolonged unemployment?

#OpenAmericaNOW ! #VoteTrump

(#216 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Corona Virus. - May 26th 2020, 10:51 AM

Non-essential businesses in england are set to reopen on the 15th June. Cases are falling but there are still between 2000-3000 new infections a day and deaths are still in trippers figures. I'm worried that by the end of june we will be in the second wave.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#217 (permalink)) Old
Omen. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Corona Virus. - May 30th 2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Non-essential businesses in england are set to reopen on the 15th June. Cases are falling but there are still between 2000-3000 new infections a day and deaths are still in trippers figures. I'm worried that by the end of june we will be in the second wave.
I still can't believe England is still getting hit hard by COVID-19.