TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#201 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

Re: Corona Virus. - May 20th 2020, 10:32 PM

Over 20,000 confirmed cases as of this morning. Ratings going up but moving to next phase of reopening in 2 days. Restaurants, hair/nail salons, tattoo shops, larger gatherings. They haven't waited long enough to decide. It's gonna get even worse.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373440 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#202 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 12:44 AM

Too much pressure from the right wing and people who don't care about anyone but themselves.

It's really sad that this is what's happening in this country. Hopefully elsewhere in the world is better.
  (#203 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 07:03 AM

I feel like my country is handling absolutely, without a doubt, in the most crappy way imaginable. Nearly 100,000 have died. There's far over a million cases. And our leadership, both on a national and (for me) a state level, is just barreling right on ahead with opening up the economy. I'd like to say I'm surprised but by this point I'm not, really. I have friends who are sick or have been sick with COVID-19, and they report it being absolutely awful. I have friends who've lost their jobs. This is real, and this is affecting people. It could affect me on a personal level, eventually, or my roommate. We could get sick and maybe die. But that doesn't matter, right, as long as people can get their hair cut and their nails done.
  (#204 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 21st 2020, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
I feel like my country is handling absolutely, without a doubt, in the most crappy way imaginable. Nearly 100,000 have died. There's far over a million cases. And our leadership, both on a national and (for me) a state level, is just barreling right on ahead with opening up the economy. I'd like to say I'm surprised but by this point I'm not, really. I have friends who are sick or have been sick with COVID-19, and they report it being absolutely awful. I have friends who've lost their jobs. This is real, and this is affecting people. It could affect me on a personal level, eventually, or my roommate. We could get sick and maybe die. But that doesn't matter, right, as long as people can get their hair cut and their nails done.

As long as the Economy survives that's all that matters. Millions could die and it wouldn't matter because the ECONOMY. Don't get me wrong, I am terrified about the impacts this could have on the future and my job and all that but I see human life as important. This shows why we need a better run government.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#205 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 22nd 2020, 06:01 PM

Our rate of infection (percent positive) has suddenly shown an increase since we started reopening two weeks ago. But yes, lets further reopen the state in a few hours. Great idea...

(#206 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 07:39 AM

On 1st June, they are going to let 50 people at a time to go to dinner at restaurants, pubs, etc but won't let more than 50 people in a gym. Go figure.

(#207 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 05:13 PM

Over 1100 new confirmed cases in 1 day. Highest ever; our percent positive RATE is continuing to increase. What a shock...

(#208 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - May 23rd 2020, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
Over 1100 new confirmed cases in 1 day. Highest ever; our percent positive RATE is continuing to increase. What a shock...
Looks like I might be returning for non-essential work as a high risk person in a week after all... Really not okay.

(#209 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 24th 2020, 04:03 AM

The state government where I live has confirmed that on 1st June, they will reopen pubs, restaurants and beauty salons but with only 50 people at a time.

(#210 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount57

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - May 25th 2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Looks like I might be returning for non-essential work as a high risk person in a week after all... Really not okay.
I'm so sorry that you're in this position. I completely agree that it's not okay. Even though I know it's not much, I will keep you in my thoughts!
  (#211 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18

Re: Corona Virus. - May 26th 2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity. View Post
My state started the reopening process on Monday and there was a significant spike in new COVID-19 cases over 24 hours. I don't think we, or any other state in my country, should really be doing this right now. I wish our president or the government was more proactive when it comes to this pandemic.
I respectfully disagree. It takes longer than 24 hours to catch COVID-19 even after exposure. It was just a coincidence. There is literally no way that cases could spike only 24 hours after opening. The incubation period is quite a bit longer than that.

Also keep in mind: the goal was from the get go to spread the curve, not eliminate it. I feel we are doing this-- we have been reopening here in Florida during much of May, yet hospitals are NOT overwhelmed ,etc. Despite all the complaints about us Floridians going to the beach during spring break, none of that bullshit they said would happen has happened here. I say reopen. This virus is circulating regardless- no way around it. Shutting the economy down for longer will just worsen the consequences

I am sorry if that seems selfish- but I am one of those people who needs to find a new job because of this. I need to put food on the table, afford essentials, rent etc. I cannot afford to be homeless over this. Either the government gives me a free paycheck or they end this fucking shutdown and let the virus hit. No in between. One stimulus check doesnt pay the rent for the next 12 months.

Keep in mind that some people CANNOT AFFORD the economic ramifications for this. I am not some corporate CEO complaining about being a million dollars short of 30 million... I am someone who could literally be put on the street over this. Keep that in mind. I am in no way willing to live on the street to save some Boomer who smoked half his life. Fuck that.

There needs to be an answer for me that doesnt involve homelessness or prolonged unemployment before I get on board with this fucking shutdown. The boomers who stand a (relatively small risk) of dying have political representation. Where is the representation for those of us who are being royally screwed over and pushed into prolonged unemployment?

#OpenAmericaNOW ! #VoteTrump
  (#212 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Corona Virus. - May 26th 2020, 10:51 AM

Non-essential businesses in england are set to reopen on the 15th June. Cases are falling but there are still between 2000-3000 new infections a day and deaths are still in trippers figures. I'm worried that by the end of june we will be in the second wave.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#213 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - May 30th 2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Non-essential businesses in england are set to reopen on the 15th June. Cases are falling but there are still between 2000-3000 new infections a day and deaths are still in trippers figures. I'm worried that by the end of june we will be in the second wave.
I still can't believe England is still getting hit hard by COVID-19.

(#214 (permalink)) Old
hedgehog444 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: My name is hedgehog!
Location: I live in a wonderful rainy city called MANCHESTER in Northern England. <3

Points: 8,273, Level: 13 Points: 8,273, Level: 13 Points: 8,273, Level: 13

Re: Corona Virus. - June 5th 2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
Whilst I do believe there is a small chance our country could indeed be hit by a second 'peak' possibly soon, I think the main second wave will be much later this year towards Winter.

The UK's problem (and I may correct myself here, and say specifically England) is that the figures don't like - we seem about a million miles away from nearly all if not all other European countries at this current time in terms of keeping the figures low. Our cases are still well into the thousands, and the deaths are as you say triple figures. Perhaps, in another week or two, we will hopefully be where all other European countries are, which is deaths per day below 100 and cases per day very manageable.

But it is all a little bit messy. The governments answers for a long long long time have been this magical smartphone 'app' which accompanies the Contact and Trace program - but both of these have been delayed. The app should be up and running but it's now the end of the month when we're told it will be.

Other European countries have had it nailed - after the initial horrible surge. But it seems we're still lagging and lacking behind. Everyone is blaming each other. The government don't want to say sorry. They come out with different lies and excuses every day in my opinion.

Countries like the UK and the USA, I still maintain that the real problem was when the virus was gathering pace, it was almost as if the governments of these countries thought 'hey we're one of the most powerful countries in the world, the virus will go no where near us' - ever since then we've been paying catch up. And at the moment, we aren't even catching up. They are all moving in the right direction towards a hopeful finishing line, whereas we just seem to be staying the same distance behind them.

It's awful, but perhaps a trip to Tesco supermarket may raise my hopes a bit? Well I went earlier and a lot of people were wearing masks (including myself) and trying to keep a distance. But a lot lot more people are pushing the rules a bit now.
  (#215 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - June 8th 2020, 07:13 AM

They had the Black Lives Matter protests over here in the city and now doctors as well as the government is saying for everyone that was involved in these protests to get themselves tested and to isolate for 14 days due to the mass amount of people in the one area. Social distancing definitely went out the window.

(#216 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - June 12th 2020, 10:31 AM

The state in which I live has allowed gyms to reopen with restrictions.

(#217 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - June 22nd 2020, 11:12 PM

My county saw a dramatic rise in cases. More than 1,000 over the weekend. Two days. 1,000+ cases. Those are just the tested people, and who knows how many people they were able to infect before receiving a positive test result. The hospitals in my county are officially at max COVID-19 capacity. If I get sick I'm screwed. I'm thinking about limiting my social interactions again for a while.

I am glad I haven't gone to any bars or restaurants, not even ones with outdoor seating. I have a friend who works in the liquor business (wholesale) and she said she quit her job because of how many bars/restaurants are hiding the fact their employees and management have tested positive for corona. That is quite concerning to me.
  (#218 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - June 23rd 2020, 02:40 AM

My state is going up over 1500 confirmed cases per day, hospitals are almost maxed out, PPE is limited, and the university I work at is requiring me to go back to work onsite with no accommodations, despite me being at high risk. In a couple days. We won't be notified if other employees become sick unless we for sure shared a space with them for at least half an hour.

(#219 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - June 24th 2020, 02:53 AM

My county is doing slightly better but we still have a high rate. My husband was supposed to go back to work but he had a medical complication and has to hold off.

I know my states doing okay compared to others but my county isn't. Our governor issued an order that we all have to wear masks but law enforcement won't enforce it so who knows.

I think it's a matter of time before we have to shut down again. I think Texas governor stated if things got worse he'd shit it all down?
  (#220 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - June 24th 2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
My county is doing slightly better but we still have a high rate. My husband was supposed to go back to work but he had a medical complication and has to hold off.

I know my states doing okay compared to others but my county isn't. Our governor issued an order that we all have to wear masks but law enforcement won't enforce it so who knows.

I think it's a matter of time before we have to shut down again. I think Texas governor stated if things got worse he'd shit it all down?
Greg Abbott, the Governor of Texas, opened up early knowing that people would die as a result. He was more concerned about the economy than the population. Now there's HUGE spikes in cases (the state of Texas saw an increase of 5,000 cases in a single day) He's backtracking a bit while also blaming Millenials. There's no shutdown order yet and honestly I don't know if he'll enforce it. He's been caught on tape basically saying "people are going to die as a direct result of my actions" and has repeatedly stated he doesn't want to shutdown again.

We'll have to see what happens, although if 5,000 new cases in a single day isn't an emergency that requires shutdown I don't know what is.
  (#221 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Corona Virus. - June 24th 2020, 11:48 AM

My mum just told me that a guy at my uncle's workplace... his wife tested positive.. but he kept coming into work. My uncle is vulnerable as he has asthma. Who knows if the guy caught it, and if he did, how many people he could spread it to.

My uncle has to go to work today. Then may have to come into contact with the guy. He then has to come home and see my mother and I, which means if he ends up catching it, so will we.

I don't know how I really feel. I feel a mixture of feeling like I want to be in tears, and trying not to over-react.
  (#222 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Corona Virus. - June 25th 2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
My mum just told me that a guy at my uncle's workplace... his wife tested positive.. but he kept coming into work. My uncle is vulnerable as he has asthma. Who knows if the guy caught it, and if he did, how many people he could spread it to.

My uncle has to go to work today. Then may have to come into contact with the guy. He then has to come home and see my mother and I, which means if he ends up catching it, so will we.

I don't know how I really feel. I feel a mixture of feeling like I want to be in tears, and trying not to over-react.
I'm sorry that you and your family are potentially being exposed due to other people being ignorant, it really isn't fair. It's so frustrating that each person literally has the power to make this go away faster, and then you have people who really seem to not think about it like that.

My sister went home after moving in here for 6 weeks during lockdown so that she didn't have to live alone. The week she got back, her housemate also came home, and then invited lots of her friends round to stay the night and have drinks. So now, even though my grandad is now in our 'bubble', what with him living alone, my sister could potentially pass something onto him. And he has COPD and diabetes, so is high risk, so my sister now can't see him or us. So I get the frustration and the worry about over-reacting versus justified anger.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#223 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 3rd 2020, 07:12 PM

1500-2000 new confirmed cases per day, ever day. Just in my state, not the country. Today was record breaking of 2100 new confirmed cases. Highest percent positive rate (still don't test enough), record breaking hospitization numbers nearly every day.

(#224 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - July 6th 2020, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post

It is scary times and I'm also sorry to hear. In one of the neighbouring states, there has been a major spike in positive cases. They went from the odd 1-5 cases up to 70+ cases a day.

(#225 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - July 10th 2020, 06:43 PM

America is handling this crisis badly. Trump is telling states they need to open schools in the fall even though Dr. Birx basically said that the states doing bad should go back to Phase 1 (shutting down). Trump and other conservatives are going to keep ignoring the issue and a lot of people are going to die.

It is terribly sad and I'm worried. I work with someone who is refusing to wear masks. We are work from home till September 30th at the minimum so I'm safe till then.

Hoping for the best. My husband went back to work and it's been okay. It's been better for him but I haven't been sleeping well since.

America is going to go down in history as bumbling this.
  (#226 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Corona Virus. - July 11th 2020, 04:09 AM

Honestly, this will probably be the thing that ends America. The pandemic exposed every crack in our governmental infrastructure, from the sham economy to the broken healthcare system. So to be fair, even if the government was on top of it, I imagine things still wouldn't be great. What we do have instead is criminal negligence. Some of the governors and Donald Trump are busy trying to re-open schools in the fall, which is probably the quickest possible way to spread the disease. This will go down as the most badly managed crisis in American history.
In Japan, they have less than 1000 deaths and they didn't even close the economy down. Everybody there just wears a mask, so its harder to spread.
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#227 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 11th 2020, 11:08 AM

We've had 5 days in a row of record-breaking hospitalizations in the state. And close to 2,000 new confirmed cases per day--depends how much they test. It's still hard to get tests, but you finally don't need a doctor's note to get a test (as of like a day or two ago). But it's a 10% positive rate. We are pushing to reopen schools in person in the fall. No one wears masks, except in certain stores in cities that require that businesses mandate it.

Today is the 6th day straight of record-breaking hospitalizations. Nearly 2,500 new confirmed cases in the past 24 hours, tests still not widely available. Nearly 84,000 confirmed cases in this state, but the first few months, we had very limited testing.

Last edited by Tigereyes; July 11th 2020 at 04:57 PM.
  (#228 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 14th 2020, 04:30 PM

Nearly 90,000 confirmed positive tests in my state. Record breaking deaths and hospitalizations again. 11% positive rate--another new high!

(#229 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - July 14th 2020, 06:26 PM

I imagine we'll see a spike in new cases for my state in the next day or two.
  (#230 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - July 16th 2020, 03:30 AM

Trump is requiring hospitals to report cases to Health and Human Services instead of to the CDC. I'm hoping hospitals will send them to both or ignore him.

If not, I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to cover it up and we start seeing the cases and deaths going down. Might take a few weeks but according to the administration we will see the death rate rise but it will be okay in 2-3 weeks.

States like Florida, Texas and Georgia refuse to close and a lot of people are going to die. Georgia governor over rode mayor's decision to require masks.

America is so screwed.
  (#231 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - July 18th 2020, 05:26 AM

My state reached 300,000 cases the other day, only 10 days after reaching 200,000. Ten. Days. For a 100,000 new cases. That's absolutely insane. I try to keep a positive outlook but at this point I am terrified, because my Governor is still doing nothing about it.

I pray someone will be an unsung hero and give the information to the CDC as well as Health and Human Services. We can't afford Trump's cover-up. Too much is at stake. too many lives, healthy, human, involved, loving lives, are involved. We're not numbers on a sheet of paper sacrificed into the burning furnace that is the economy. We are more than that.
  (#232 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - July 18th 2020, 05:43 AM

So because of the outbreak in the neighboring state, one of the people who were positive with the virus, travelled to a pub about 20 minutes from where I live and now there's been an outbreak in the area that I live.

(#233 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 18th 2020, 11:56 AM

98,000 confirmed cases in my state yesterday. We've gone up about 1800-2200 (a few times 2500) new cases per day the past few days. I expect the noon update will tell us we broke 100,000 cases today.

(#234 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - July 19th 2020, 08:14 AM

Quote:
98,000 confirmed cases in my state yesterday. We've gone up about 1800-2200 (a few times 2500) new cases per day the past few days. I expect the noon update will tell us we broke 100,000 cases today.

Wow, that is a lot.

(#235 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 19th 2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight. View Post

Wow, that is a lot.
Yep, we hit another nearly 2500 new confirmed cases yesterday--just another typical record breaking high (like 3/4 of the days in July). It's been steadily getting worse, so now we are sending everyone back to work and school anyway. Should see it jump up a lot more between now and August. K-12 schools are doing online and hybrid. Univerisites are doing hybrid and in-person for students and faculty. All other staff is being pulled back, no more flexibility/accommodations beyond fall semester, however bad it gets. The large public universities are also not even going to allow employees or students to quarantine if they visit "worse" states like Florida and Texas. No they won't be testing people unless they show symptoms. They said they won't tell people about cases unless they know for sure they were in direct contact. They just ruled on all this.

(#236 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - July 20th 2020, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Yep, we hit another nearly 2500 new confirmed cases yesterday--just another typical record breaking high (like 3/4 of the days in July). It's been steadily getting worse, so now we are sending everyone back to work and school anyway. Should see it jump up a lot more between now and August. K-12 schools are doing online and hybrid. Univerisites are doing hybrid and in-person for students and faculty. All other staff is being pulled back, no more flexibility/accommodations beyond fall semester, however bad it gets. The large public universities are also not even going to allow employees or students to quarantine if they visit "worse" states like Florida and Texas. No they won't be testing people unless they show symptoms. They said they won't tell people about cases unless they know for sure they were in direct contact. They just ruled on all this.
Now, in the neighboring state, it's mandatory to wear a mask in public.

(#237 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Corona Virus. - July 21st 2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Now, in the neighboring state, it's mandatory to wear a mask in public.
Honestly, there probably won't be much difference unless they can enforce it. We've had mandatory masks for a while, and most people still won't wear them.

(#238 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Corona Virus. - July 23rd 2020, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Honestly, there probably won't be much difference unless they can enforce it. We've had mandatory masks for a while, and most people still won't wear them.
A lot of people haven't been wearing them when they should because they are in a 'hot spot' area. People haven't been taking it as seriously as they should be as they think it's just another type of flu or it's just a hype.

(#239 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18 Points: 16,535, Level: 18

Re: Corona Virus. - July 27th 2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
A lot of people haven't been wearing them when they should because they are in a 'hot spot' area. People haven't been taking it as seriously as they should be as they think it's just another type of flu or it's just a hype.
It is more like people are tired of a prolonged shutdown. We shut down here in Florida 3 months before the virus even really came to our state. We are understandably burnt out. I am not expert, but I am just speculating that our state could have been open that entire time.... now that the virus is hitting our state we HAVE to open. Im sorry but thats just the way it is. Florida has a big hospitality and tourism industry and millions would lose their livelihoods,jobs, and businesses if we were to shutdown again. Thats just the facts. New York got hit first because it sees a lot of international traffic. It is unreasonable to expect states that did not see their first surge back in the spring to shutdown for twice the length of time. I'm so sick of a certain political party acting like it is so selfish for me to want to work and deciding for me what is an essential activity and what isn't.

As for me: I am back to living my life as normal. I go to bars every night (only bars that don't have food are required to close) and am honestly done with this social distancing bullshit. Im not doing it anymore.
  (#240 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Corona Virus. - July 28th 2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud90sKid View Post
It is more like people are tired of a prolonged shutdown. We shut down here in Florida 3 months before the virus even really came to our state. We are understandably burnt out. I am not expert, but I am just speculating that our state could have been open that entire time.... now that the virus is hitting our state we HAVE to open. Im sorry but thats just the way it is. Florida has a big hospitality and tourism industry and millions would lose their livelihoods,jobs, and businesses if we were to shutdown again. Thats just the facts. New York got hit first because it sees a lot of international traffic. It is unreasonable to expect states that did not see their first surge back in the spring to shutdown for twice the length of time. I'm so sick of a certain political party acting like it is so selfish for me to want to work and deciding for me what is an essential activity and what isn't.

As for me: I am back to living my life as normal. I go to bars every night (only bars that don't have food are required to close) and am honestly done with this social distancing bullshit. Im not doing it anymore.
It is not unreasonable. The countries that have this under control are the ones that shut down. America could do that too but certain politicians care more about money than they do about human life.
5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread