PSY Offline
Hugh Jackman ♥

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Robin

Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39 Points: 77,329, Level: 39

Re: But What If I Don't WANT To Go To College? - May 18th 2012, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiena View Post

Ahyup... Unfortunately, yes. I'm slowly losing all that remains of my sanity... I can't take it much longer. I'm not going to make it another year; that's just not possible anymore. I've come close to ending it all this past week and took up self injuring again because I can't take the stress.
It seems like going to college (or even taking online classes) should be very low on your list of priorities, then. Your mental well-being should ALWAYS come first, because if you're not well, you're not going to be able to accomplish much - at least, not on your own. Are you currently seeing a psychological professional? What do you have as far as support is concerned? You said your home life is crap, but then you said you don't want to move away from the only family you know - so does that mean you're currently living with people who are good or bad for your well-being?

I'll admit that I don't suffer from PTSD or another trauma-related problem, but I have gone through that whole process of deciding whether or not to go to college - twice. It's stressful for anyone, and I can only imagine how much more stressful it is for you. Right now, I really hope that you can re-focus on your mental well-being and forget about all these expectations for a little while. Trust me, it's never too late to go to college... but taking care of yourself is something that can't wait.