TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
longgone Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ,,,,,,,,

Unhappy Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 22nd 2012, 06:15 AM

Today has just been the worst day of my life and it truly woke me up to how horrible my life is. Today while driving my mothers car, I accidentally rear ended and old couple in front of me at a stop sign when a bug flew on top of me and my foot let go of the break as i was freaking out and bumped into them. The woman driving the car was taken away in an ambulance and I just felt so bad, the cop talked to me calmly about how the damage was minor and that they may be faking the injury but still I'm so nervous I feel like I have been sucker punched in the stomach.

When I got home I couldn't stop crying and I just keep feeling like a burden to everyone around me. I ended up just thinking about all the horrible things in my life. I never hang out with anyone because I refuse to drink or smoke and that is all anyone ever done around here. In school I would always have friends to joke around with but no one truly wanted to hang out with me and I could never choke up the courage to ask someone to hang out.I have never had a relationship yet I would lie to anyone saying I have and that she lived in a different town.

I am overweight and can't keep myself motivated enough to go to the gym for more than a week straight. I fight with my family about almost everything. I have no car of my own so getting a job is very difficult and I constantly feel stressed out about money problems. I have no one to talk to at home because no one is able to understand how I'm feeling and I have difficulty opening up to people face to face. I feel so lonely because even online there is no one for me to talk to and I can't even man up the courage to enter a chat room with more than 1 person.

Truthfully I would probably commit suicide if it didn't put such a burden on my family so I pray I die some natural way so I can be done with all my problems.

And after reading over everything I feel even worse as though no one will be able to connect with what Ive said or that I might get bashed on because its all my fault.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Delicious Chaos Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 22nd 2012, 07:28 AM

Hi Andrew,
It just seems like you have been having a bad day, sorry for that. You are just concentrating on the bad things that have happened to you, right now it would be better to focus on the better!! I am sure no matter how small the good is, something good has happened to you!!! And the problems you are going through seems like problems a lot pf people are going through, its alright.
So all I could say is focus on the good too because that helps the day pass. I have gone through a lot too and I realize it is hard to believe that there is any good around you, but believe me there is.
If you ever want to talk about things or if you want to go on a rant you could PM me anytime and we could talk about it!!! I might be able to help you focus on the good around you
Hope Tomorrow will be better

ďIíve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. Iíve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, Iíve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. Iíve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.Ē
- Michael Jordan

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
- John Wooden

Last edited by Delicious Chaos; July 22nd 2012 at 07:33 AM.
  Send a message via Yahoo to Delicious Chaos Send a message via Skype™ to Delicious Chaos 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ab123 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Alex

Re: Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 24th 2012, 05:37 AM

Hey I'm going throught same type of stuff you are. I feel like I'm a burden on my parents and everyone. I'm often very depressed. The car thing isn't your fault accidents happen I was in a car crash where I got hit from back but I felt like I caused it by not going through a yellow/red light. I lose hope all the time that life will never get better. I'm not really any help because I'm depressed and have my own issues but try to hold a little faith ik that's hard trust me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Cherela Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 24th 2012, 06:19 AM

You are not a burden and it is not all your fault. That is unhealthy thinking. We all at times are too critical of ourselves, but we all make mistakes, it's part of being human. Be kind to yourself. Look into ways to counter negative self talk.
The info below is from the Mayo clinic website.I hope it helps!

Here are some common forms of negative self-talk:
  • Filtering. You magnify the negative aspects of a situation and filter out all of the positive ones. For example, say you had a great day at work. You completed your tasks ahead of time and were complimented for doing a speedy and thorough job. But you forgot one minor step. That evening, you focus only on your oversight and forget about the compliments you received.
  • Personalizing. When something bad occurs, you automatically blame yourself. For example, you hear that an evening out with friends is canceled, and you assume that the change in plans is because no one wanted to be around you.
  • Catastrophizing. You automatically anticipate the worst. The drive-through coffee shop gets your order wrong and you automatically think that the rest of your day will be a disaster.
  • Polarizing. You see things only as either good or bad, black or white. There is no middle ground. You feel that you have to be perfect or that you're a total failure.
Focusing on positive thinking

You can learn to turn negative thinking into positive thinking. The process is simple, but it does take time and practice — you're creating a new habit, after all. Here are some ways to think and behave in a more positive and optimistic way:
  • Identify areas to change. If you want to become more optimistic and engage in more positive thinking, first identify areas of your life that you typically think negatively about, whether it's work, your daily commute or a relationship, for example. You can start small by focusing on one area to approach in a more positive way.
  • Check yourself. Periodically during the day, stop and evaluate what you're thinking. If you find that your thoughts are mainly negative, try to find a way to put a positive spin on them.
  • Be open to humor. Give yourself permission to smile or laugh, especially during difficult times. Seek humor in everyday happenings. When you can laugh at life, you feel less stressed.
  • Follow a healthy lifestyle. Exercise at least three times a week to positively affect mood and reduce stress. Follow a healthy diet to fuel your mind and body. And learn to manage stress.
  • Surround yourself with positive people. Make sure those in your life are positive, supportive people you can depend on to give helpful advice and feedback. Negative people may increase your stress level and make you doubt your ability to manage stress in healthy ways.
  • Practice positive self-talk. Start by following one simple rule: Don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to anyone else. Be gentle and encouraging with yourself. If a negative thought enters your mind, evaluate it rationally and respond with affirmations of what is good about you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Cherela Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 24th 2012, 06:19 AM

You are not a burden and it is not all your fault. That is unhealthy thinking. We all at times are too critical of ourselves, but we all make mistakes, it's part of being human. Be kind to yourself. Look into ways to counter negative self talk.
The info below is from the Mayo clinic website.I hope it helps!

Here are some common forms of negative self-talk:
  • Filtering. You magnify the negative aspects of a situation and filter out all of the positive ones. For example, say you had a great day at work. You completed your tasks ahead of time and were complimented for doing a speedy and thorough job. But you forgot one minor step. That evening, you focus only on your oversight and forget about the compliments you received.
  • Personalizing. When something bad occurs, you automatically blame yourself. For example, you hear that an evening out with friends is canceled, and you assume that the change in plans is because no one wanted to be around you.
  • Catastrophizing. You automatically anticipate the worst. The drive-through coffee shop gets your order wrong and you automatically think that the rest of your day will be a disaster.
  • Polarizing. You see things only as either good or bad, black or white. There is no middle ground. You feel that you have to be perfect or that you're a total failure.
Focusing on positive thinking

You can learn to turn negative thinking into positive thinking. The process is simple, but it does take time and practice ó you're creating a new habit, after all. Here are some ways to think and behave in a more positive and optimistic way:
  • Identify areas to change. If you want to become more optimistic and engage in more positive thinking, first identify areas of your life that you typically think negatively about, whether it's work, your daily commute or a relationship, for example. You can start small by focusing on one area to approach in a more positive way.
  • Check yourself. Periodically during the day, stop and evaluate what you're thinking. If you find that your thoughts are mainly negative, try to find a way to put a positive spin on them.
  • Be open to humor. Give yourself permission to smile or laugh, especially during difficult times. Seek humor in everyday happenings. When you can laugh at life, you feel less stressed.
  • Follow a healthy lifestyle. Exercise at least three times a week to positively affect mood and reduce stress. Follow a healthy diet to fuel your mind and body. And learn to manage stress.
  • Surround yourself with positive people. Make sure those in your life are positive, supportive people you can depend on to give helpful advice and feedback. Negative people may increase your stress level and make you doubt your ability to manage stress in healthy ways.
  • Practice positive self-talk. Start by following one simple rule: Don't say anything to yourself that you wouldn't say to anyone else. Be gentle and encouraging with yourself. If a negative thought enters your mind, evaluate it rationally and respond with affirmations of what is good about you.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: Feel So Horrible Right Now - July 25th 2012, 12:17 AM

I wont bash u... ive nvr had a relationship either and im also overweight... a lot... plz dont hope 2 die... u havent even started chapter 1 in ur book of life... u r special and always will be u r beautiful in everyway... someone on earth loves and cares about u... and if its not anyone at school... then its me cuz i loveand care for everyone!!! Ill b the 1 who will b there for u!!! :-D if u ever wanna talk PM me... or if this site dont work u can always email me at depressed.1999@yahoo.com
Anyone can email me idc i love 2 help people so if anyone needs 2 talk PM me or email me:-D

Closed Thread