TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cloda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: C.M.J

i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 02:29 AM

i think i'm depressed but im too scared to ask anyone for help. i cry all the time while i'm alone and i have cut myself i don't know why i did it, i have also hit stuff when i'm angry like walls or steel pillars i came to school with a bruised hand one day and people asked so many questions i pulled down my sleeves and ignored them just telling them random lies. i have never attempted suicide but i have thought about it very often the only thing stopping me is my love for my sister i will NEVER leave her. i told 3 people about me cutting myself 1.my bestfriend she didn't call me a freak or anything but she doesn't understand, 2. my other friend she said she was there for me but ignored me for months over it, 3. my ex he flipped and broke up with me saying he didn't need the baggage that's when i started getting trust problems. No-one understands how i feel and i don't know how to handle it, i think i might need help but i'll never ask for it and if its offered, i'll refuse - its like i'm stuck in a hole and i cant get out.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Tacitus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Re: i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 02:45 AM

You're not too scared to find help, because you're here. I have personally never cut, but know that there are people out there who do, and who know what it's like to feel the urge. You are not alone in this respect... Some people can be cruel and unforgiving and some don't want to have anything to do with you. I know the urge to punch things. I have had anger issues all of my life. The way to stop feeling angry is to take deep breaths and calm down. NEVER punch something. It makes your anger come back, because it felt so good the first time. You'll want to use it the next time you get angry. Think about the yogis in India who spend years meditating on peace and complete nonviolence. Do you think they go home and punch their pillows? Don't feel guilty about doing it if you are so pissed that you're about to explode, but know that you CANNOT do that to other people or their property. I hope you forgive the people who have wronged you, and I hope you end up feeling better soon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
cloda Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: C.M.J

Re: i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 03:02 AM

Your reply made me cry but in a good way, and thank you Tacitus. i don't want to sound pathetic or needy or look like i'm looking for attention i just need somewhere i can say how i feel so thank you again

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tacitus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Kyle

Re: i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 03:23 AM

Good...I know it's tough, but life will go on. People aren't perfect, remember that always. People make mistakes, people are cruel. Some don't deserve forgiveness. But the only thing you can do is move on...hope you end up feeling happier.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Jeeajm123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 04:31 AM

Hey, welcome to teenhelp. I hope you find this place helpful. First, I am in the same position as you. I know I need help to stop cutting and being suicidal, but I will never ask. No one that knows about me, understands. But here, we understand. A lot of people here are going through what you're gong through. You can come here and get support from strangers, but after awhile they will feel like a family that you can turn to when you need help. So I hope you take this opportunity and talk to us about anything. I'm always here if you need to talk.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: i think i could be depressed but too scared to find out for definite - August 19th 2012, 06:05 PM

I've been in your shoes, and as much as I love it here, there's a catch we can only do so much for you here. Please continue to seek the support that you need, we are more than happy to give it, but you may need more help than we can provide. Now, I remember when I was feeling like you, i couldn't bring myself to tell anyone and if they asked what was wrong I dodged the questions and refused the help every chance i got. Now that I'm much better, I can't remember for the life of me what I was so afraid of. If you need help the only way to get it is to ask, I know it's scary, but it's worth it. Not everyone will understand and some people will be put off by it, but there are people out there who get it, can help you and know that you aren't doing it for attention.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

Closed Thread