TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Taylor_xian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Taylor

Unhappy I really need anybody. Please. - August 24th 2012, 03:26 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

My name is Taylor. I've never one one of these things before so if I do this wrong please forgive me. I don't know where to start. I don't really know what I'm feeling. I just know I'm hurting. Really badly. I feel like I have nobody. And I feel like everything I do is wrong and I have no confidense in myself and I hate myself. I hate everything about me. I tend to put myself down a lot. I don't like feeling desperate, but I am. I want someone to be my best friend. I want someone to truly love me. I want tone happy, but I can't. Ireallydont want to kill myself, but I think I might have to if things don't change. I just don't know what to do or how to explain my situation or how to do anything. I wish I weren't so stupid. I wish I could just say how I feel. I wish I weren't pathetic and alone. I wish a lot of things.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Anonimous Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 24th 2012, 03:48 AM

Hey Taylor,

Your not doing it wrong
I know how you feel, I had almost exactly the same when i was like 14-15.
There are people that care about you a lot. Your family for example. You don't have to hate yourself. That won't make you feel better. You are not pathetic and you are not alone, Trust me. I'm sorry i don't have anything to make you feel better but i know you will feel better if you keep going. I have felt probably like you and i have survived it and i felt better and stronger when i got trough that. I made terrible mistakes and you don't have to. Never ever hurt yourself. Talk to someone about your problems. Like someone you feel you can trust with this, Maybe talk to a therapist. And if you are scared to do that(i was) You can always talk to someone here, You can always pm me if you want to talk and maybe if someone else replies he/she can help you.

Stay strong Taylor.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
"Bisexual" Tux (Linux Mascot)
I've been here a while

Name: Chris

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 24th 2012, 05:14 AM

Hey there.

As Anonimous said, you are doing this correctly, don't worry!

Firstly, I don't believe in pathetic or bad people. Some people might do bad or pathetic things, but they themselves are not. To be clear, there's nothing here that per se tells me you've done bad or pathetic things.

Now, in terms of your self esteem, I have an exercise to suggest for that. Sit down with a notebook (or an empty text editor like Notepad, TextEdit, GEdit, etc.) and write down everything positive about yourself that you can come up with. Can't think of anything? Here are some ideas. Do you go to the doctor for a physical every year? Do you recycle or otherwise watch out for the environment? Do you do well in math? Do you try to help other people (it sounds like you find helping your friends very important) when you can? Those are just a few ideas. And I'm sure you can come up with more.

I do want to point out though that as important as it is to help other people, there are times when you need to put yourself first. If you need something, anything, talk to your friends, or talk to one of us. Let someone help YOU too. Because you're useless in making a difference for others if you aren't feeling well yourself. I hope I'm of help

Chris
You can always contact me to talk about anything!
---------------------
Proud to be myself.

Need a hug? Please take one!

Image Credit: startingover18 (Tumblr)

last updated on 11/11/17

(#4 (permalink)) Old
r6zeke Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 24th 2012, 05:25 AM

hey taylor. if your looking for a friend go to your local church. everyone there could help you. i dont know what your beliefs are but i know u can change and God can help. i will pray for you. i had a panic attack and after that i had no confidence, i had no where to go i lost all my friends cause they werent "true" friends. they didnt care how i felt. so i went to the church, and everyone there helps me and gives me good messages. keep fighting taylor, i hope u read this.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Taylor_xian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 02:24 AM

Thanks so much. I would love for you to pray for me

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_xian View Post
Thanks so much. I would love for you to pray for me
I will pray for you too; I really hope it will help you.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Taylor_xian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Linux Penguin View Post
Hey there.

Firstly, I don't believe in pathetic or bad people. Some people might do bad or pathetic things, but they themselves are not. To be clear, there's nothing here that per se tells me you've done bad or pathetic things.

Now, in terms of your self esteem, I have an exercise to suggest for that. Sit down with a notebook (or an empty text editor like Notepad, TextEdit, GEdit, etc.) and write down everything positive about yourself that you can come up with. Can't think of anything? Here are some ideas. Do you go to the doctor for a physical every year? Do you recycle or otherwise watch out for the environment? Do you do well in math? Do you try to help other people (it sounds like you find helping your friends very important) when you can? Those are just a few ideas. And I'm sure you can come up with more.

I do want to point out though that as important as it is to help other people, there are times when you need to put yourself first. If you need something, anything, talk to your friends, or talk to one of us. Let someone help YOU too. Because you're useless in making a difference for others if you aren't feeling well yourself. I hope I'm of help
Thank you for that. It made me smile

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Taylor_xian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loving Linux Penguin View Post
Hey there.

Thank you, I just might take you up on that. A lot of times I wish I had someone to talk to.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Taylor_xian Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimous View Post
Hey Taylor,

Your not doing it wrong
I know how you feel, I had almost exactly the same when i was like 14-15.
There are people that care about you a lot. Your family for example. You don't have to hate yourself. That won't make you feel better. You are not pathetic and you are not alone, Trust me. I'm sorry i don't have anything to make you feel better but i know you will feel better if you keep going. I have felt probably like you and i have survived it and i felt better and stronger when i got trough that. I made terrible mistakes and you don't have to. Never ever hurt yourself. Talk to someone about your problems. Like someone you feel you can trust with this, Maybe talk to a therapist. And if you are scared to do that(i was) You can always talk to someone here, You can always pm me if you want to talk and maybe if someone else replies he/she can help you.

Stay strong Taylor.
Thank you <3 I really appreciate what you said you're so nice

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Anonymous

Re: I really need anybody. Please. - August 25th 2012, 04:55 AM

Hi Taylor! I know what you're feeling and saying...if you even need to talk you can send me a message xx

Closed Thread