TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mickey97 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

GOODBYE - August 30th 2012, 02:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am seriously about to kill myself. My parents are always fighting, my siblings are always picking on me because of my weight. My friends aren't helping at all. I have always been thinking about killing myself but I don't know. I am always confused. But I'm not anymore. I'm done. But I need to know how to coop with this or at least i need some feed back.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Spectruckn7 Offline
Counselor
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brandon

Re: GOODBYE - August 30th 2012, 05:43 AM

Hey Mickey,

Is it 'really' worth offing yourself just like that? Mickey, you're just a kid and i'll tell you straight up it's not worth it. Life is a funny thing, and unfortunately the people who make it in life, are the men and women who've been through, and seen the worst of it.

My parents weren't the greatest of parents, and I sure as hell 'had' a weight issue. But i'm 20 years old now, and i've accomplished more, i've achieved more than any of my groups of peers, siblings, and even family. So keep on fighting strong, because i'm a firm believer of, "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger."

Let me know if you need anything bud.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: GOODBYE - August 30th 2012, 09:49 AM

Hi Mickey!

You have taken THE most important FIRST STEP!! You have found the courage to TALK about how you're feeling. I think that's great!!

You know something... when I was 15 - your age - I also had enough. I was sick and tired of everything. I was overweight and so lonely. Life was quite awful. For years I had been picked on and bullied. [Because of my weight] And my dad was an alcoholic who was emotionally and verbally abusive. Everyone in my family was negatively effected by HIS 'problem'. As a result - it was an extremely dysfunctional family. And it's not like it all of a sudden got bad. It was bad for years and years. Sometimes it was SO bad that I wondered if it was even worth holding on. Maybe giving up is the answer. Maybe it is. At least that's what I thought. I got VERY close to ending my life. I just wanted it all to STOP!!

There's an old poster from the 1960's that I could relate to. All it said on it was, "Stop the world! I wanna get off!" lol Life can be really tough sometimes. And this is especially true for a sensitive person. But it's that sensitivity that's molding you into a GREAT man. [If you let it] Right now life kinda STINKS!! But 'right now' isn't how it's always going to be. Your life WILL get better. In time - you will be free to do as you please.

In the meantime - work towards that time when you are free. Make plans. Save money. Get ready. Think ahead. Plan ahead. And know in your heart that your past is NOT necessarily a blueprint to YOUR future. YOUR future CAN be GREAT!!!!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tuesday Offline
Off to Neverland
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tuesday

Re: GOODBYE - September 5th 2012, 01:51 AM

Don't do it. Don't. My best friend committed suicide on Sunday night. I'm still in complete shock, I just can't believe it. I'm still thinking there must be a mistake.. You think nobody cares, but they do. You can do this. You can live through this. You're strong. You have a whole wonderful life ahead of you.
Call a hotline
Talk to a squirrel
Write your feelings down and burn them
Even email me... talk it out and don't kill yourself. It's not worth it in the end.

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
So this is all I have to say

~Julia~

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: GOODBYE - September 5th 2012, 02:01 AM

Mate, don't kill yourself, it isn't worth it. You still have a whole life ahead of you, just because this chapter feels bad, it will get better. Look forward, not back, don't let the haters get you down. One day you'll show them all that you are better than they thought. You are amazing. There are people who care for you, all you have to do is look. It's great that you are telling us because we can help me. Send me a message if you'd like. But, I sure as hell won't let you leave this world through suicide!

Sincerely,
Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Karley

Re: GOODBYE - September 9th 2012, 10:12 PM

Ok... step 1... RELAX take a deep breath and think about what you wanna do here... think about all the pain you will bring to people! You may think no one cares... but you think WRONG they will be in deep sorrow and depression for YEARS even if it doesn't look like it now! step 2... TALK TO A TEACHER or you can email me!!! I am like checking my email constently throughout the day! So feel free to email me!!! Step 3... KNOW that you are NOT alone! You never have been and never will be! Your "friends" aren't true friends if they aren't helping you. Try to tell them that you are SERIOUS about this! Life is REALLY HARD no one promised it would be easy... but it will be worth it!!! Think about your future! What about the people that smile because of YOU! Yes someone smiles for your existence!!! I have been through this! I have! Been through depression, sadness, confusion, frusteration, I am younger than you! I have wanted to commit suicide! But think about these two things first... There is a difference between wanting to kill yourself and not wanting to live... you are asking for help... so you just don't wanna live... if you actually wanted to die you would've already and I am SO happy that you haven't died yet!!! And the second thing I want you to think about is... you have enough courage to kill yourself but you dont have enough courage to stand up for yourself? Remember... if you EVER need to talk... EMAIL ME!!! depressed.1999@yahoo.com

(#7 (permalink)) Old
milannn Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Milan

Re: GOODBYE - September 9th 2012, 10:29 PM

The fact you made this post shows that all you really want is help. Please don't do it. Don't kill yourself. Look how many people that don't even know you are begging you not to do it on this website. I know it may seem like everything you're going through is unbearable, but you can definitely get through this. Like I said, the fact that you made this forum post shows that you want to. You may feel alone in all of this, but nearly everyone goes through a point in their life where they feel like their life is worthless. But they're wrong. It may seem like because your parents are always fighting and your siblings are picking on you that your family is isolating you and you don't belong. Tell them how you feel about their actions. I guarantee your family doesn't know how the things they are doing are affecting you so negatively. You may think that they don't care about you, but imagine how your death would affect every single one of them. I don't want you to think I'm guilt tripping you or anything, but you need to seriously consider how your suicide would make them (or your friends) feel. How would they be expected to forgive themselves? The only thing to do, is to work towards a solution. If everyone just gave up when things got tough, nothing would be accomplished. If you ended your life, how would you be able to see your life get better. You would be missing out on so much, that you would regret. Please don't do this. It's not worth it, and the world will be missing out on a wonderful kid. If you want to talk about this more, feel free to direct message me I really want to help <3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Watchtower Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: GOODBYE - September 9th 2012, 10:47 PM

Mickey,

I know how it feels. I don't have the greatest of parents. My sister always picks on me. I have a weight issue. I've never had any friends. There was a time when I was about your age, where I felt the same way, and trust me, it's not worth it, because you have no idea what the future can hold. It's gonna get better. You're only a kid, you still have your whole life ahead of you. If you keep being strong and never give up, you'd be amazed at what you can achieve. Think about it this way, for every negative thing in your life, there is always something positive. You may not see it at first, but if you really try, you'll be able to see the positives that are still in your life. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk.

~ Chloe
Feel free to PM me anytime.

My Blog: http://csullivanwatchtower.blogspot.com/
  Send a message via Yahoo to Watchtower  
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
lizziemariexxoo Offline
Hello
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ElizabethMarieTaylor

Re: GOODBYE - September 13th 2012, 01:17 AM

I know how you feel. Ive been in your shoes before. I still have weight issue so your not alone. If you ever want someone to talk to message me. <3 STAY STRONG!!

xoxo Lizzie xoxo

Maybe we'll turn it around, 'cause it's not too late; it's never too late. ~Three Days Grace

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
  Send a message via AIM to lizziemariexxoo Send a message via Skype™ to lizziemariexxoo 
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Tayatot14 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: GOODBYE - September 15th 2012, 04:40 PM

THe fact that you are still in the thinking about it process means you still want to continue life. Who hasnt had at least one thought of im tired of this or the world would be better without me but thats not true. What if tomorrow is your day! if you give up you will miss out on getting to help someone that is feeling the same way you are right now one day. You are going to be okay remember to take life one day at a time. Do something out of the ordinary go sky diving, dig a big hole looking for treasure, count your blessings, hug a stranger, anything make life worth it for those who unfairly got their life TAKEN from them

Closed Thread