TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Melwirth Offline
Average Joe

Name: Melissa

Talking to my mom....help - August 30th 2012, 02:27 PM

Well I guess this post could go into two different places so I don't know but anyways, I finally told my mom about my depression, it's been going on for a year and a half now, ive never said anything about it to her, everytime we talked everything was fine and dandy. Ive been in college for two years now and my depression really screwed with me and i was forgetting to take my meds and Id sleep through counseling appts, it got really bad......but I managed to hide it from my mom but now I have been suspended from school for grades for two semesters so now I have to go home and of course thats why I had to tell my mom.....she was the last person on earth that I wanted to tell. She is on her way right now to come pick me up and im terrified because I know she is going to want to talk about it but my mom and i arent really known for having heart to hearts and talking about stuff like this, I dont really like it and I dont know what to tell her. I dont know if I should tell her that I was considering running away to my boyfriend who she doesnt know about and who I met online.....I know the meeting online part sounds bad but it's working out great for us but I was planning on going to him until he stopped me and brought me back to reality and cared for me and convinced me to call my mom and tell her what has been going on, if it wasnt for him I doubt my mom would know anything right now and i'd probably have already run off somewhere so in all honesty I dont know what to tell her, or what to say. I dont know how to talk to my mom, i only know how to talk to her from 800 mi away and that was fine with me but now? Im scarred do I tell her about my boyfriend and how he was the one who saved me, I really dont want to talk about my depression with her now i feel like she is going to look at me differently, i havent lived at home in 2 yrs, Im afraid im going to be treated like a child when im almost 20. I really dont know what to do.....we have a really long car ride coming up....there is deff gonna be some talking.....HELP

(#2 (permalink)) Old
forever_hannah Offline
Save the Savior
Average Joe

Name: Hannah

Re: Talking to my mom....help - August 31st 2012, 03:12 AM

Hey, I'm sorry you've been going through such a hard time! Maybe when you talk to her you could pretend like you were talking to your boyfriend. Just imagine it was him instead. It sounds dumb, but he's obviously someone you're comfortable talking to. Just look out the window and keep talking. Or you could try to write some stuff down first. It's always much easier for me to get my words out right when I write them first and then say them.
Anyway, I hope it works out for you and you can get the help you need and deserve! Things can get better

Oh, and you might be treated like a kid after coming home from college, but I think that's just a thing parents do. I think it's hard for them to adjust. I think we just have to deal with it haha.

Hang in there,
Hannah

Hope is real. Help is real. LOVE is the movement.

Closed Thread