TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sasha

Exclamation Suicide pacts on internet - September 18th 2012, 12:27 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Hi, in a depressed mode last night I started to search the internet about suicide and such, and came over a site where people could contact each other to form pacts of suicide. I must say it creeps me out, but at the same time so tempting to join.
After xx failed attempts and years of therapy that has done nothing to make things better, I'm ready to take the next step, but I'm afraid.
I know it's wrong and such, and don't want anyone to end their own life, but is it so wrong to plan together when both is beyond point of no return?

~Crying~Crimson~Blood~

R.I.P Melissa

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: Suicide pacts on internet - September 18th 2012, 12:51 PM

Hey Sasha,

Websites like that sadden me. They're not a good place to be and I really would suggest you try and avoid them as much as possible. When you're feeling as bad as you are, they're probably more temptation than anything and I honestly believe that nobody is 'beyond the point of no return'.

The years of therapy that haven't worked don't represent every option possible. Not everyone finds every type of therapy useful and I think it's a good idea to keep trying. Obviously not everyone is going to find it easy to find things that work for them, but more options exist and you should try to use them until you find ones that work. Try talking to your current therapist (if you have one), or your doctor if not, and arrange something else. They need to be told before they can know it's not working, remember, so don't be afraid to reach out and ask for more.

I Would say yes, it is wrong to plan a suicide together. As I've said, nobody is beyond the point of no return, and despite you feeling like you are, you shouldn't encourage that in others. I know it may not be your intention to, but by taking part in suicide pacts online, in a way, it encourages people to think suicide is an actual option. There are ALWAYS ways to over come problems that do not involve death, and I would urge you not to dismiss them or to make it look okay for others to dismiss this.

Of course, another problem with these websites is that you can't tell for sure who is for real and who isn't. You could make a pact and end up hurt or worse while the other person is absolutely fine. All this will do is caused you unnecessary harm and probably damage your trust a bit. Think about that, because I know I'd hate for you to think that someone is as serious about this as you are, only to find that they aren't who they say they are. And of course, I'd hate for you to end up hurt out of it.

Keep going and don't give up, I know you can make it through this. There are options left out there that you have yet o explore and they may work more than any in the past. Suicide is never the answer, so please try and keep away from these sites, they'll do you no good.

Take care,
Hollie.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

Closed Thread