TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
XxDreamerxX Offline
Reach Out and Touch a Dream
Not a n00b

Name: Cedric

Obessive thoughts. Possible Triggering? - October 22nd 2012, 07:41 AM

Is it normal to think about death daily? I've often said that I can't see myself in the future in all honesty because I can't. Its so vast and I don't know what will happen. My friends think its "suicidal" and maybe they're right. I do think about it and its a common thing for me to daydream about. In example, I will be driving down the road and I will start thinking about driving off the road or hitting the car next to me, or I'll be at home just sitting around and it will come to mind. It happens so often that I've researched the best ways and the most painless.

I just feel overwhelmed at times. I think it might be caused by stress. I've attempted before back in much rougher times and just ended up a mess but that was two years ago. I don't think I'm a danger to myself other then the occasional SH and I was seven months free until today. :/

So is it normal or am I just a freak (In a non derogitory way )

Everything will be good in the end, if its not good, its not the end.

"Too many horns, man" - John

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Reign. Offline
Just Hold On We're Going Home~
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Kay

Re: Obessive thoughts. Possible Triggering? - October 24th 2012, 04:23 PM

Honey, first off, you are not a freak. But it is not normal to have suicidal thoughts. You have depression. And I know what it's like, it's hard. But you can make it through it! I am sorry that your depression is triggering these thoughts. PM me if you wanna talk more okay honey?

~Kayla.

So dance if it moves you,
and jump in the fire, if it burns you.
I'll throw my arms around you darlin',
and we'll turn to ashes.

Kinda like the way you tell me,
"Baby, please come home. I need you here right now.
I'm crying underwater so you don't hear the sound."

What if I can't forget you?
I'll burn your name into my throat.
I'll be the fire that'll catch you.
What's so good about picking up the pieces?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: Obessive thoughts. Possible Triggering? - October 24th 2012, 10:16 PM

Hi there

I'm not going to say it's normal, but I'm not going to say that it's abnormal either. After all, what is 'normal'. Either way, having these thoughts isn't something you want through your life. Unfortunately just like you, many people do experience suicidal thoughts and they can become very overwhelming and hard to cope with. Can I ask whether you think killing yourself would be a good thing or a bad thing and why?

I know sometimes life can get somewhat difficult, but these feelings won't last forever, you don't have to have these thoughts for ever. Nothing, lasts forever. It can get better and it will if you stay determined to beat them and to get through this. And you don't have to do on your own either. They'll be people to support you when you want them to and if you need them to, including us. If there is anything you want to talk about that is causing you to feel this way, you're more than welcome to talk to us about it. We'll always try and help.

Hang in there, you can do this,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#4 (permalink)) Old
XxDreamerxX Offline
Reach Out and Touch a Dream
Not a n00b

Name: Cedric

Re: Obessive thoughts. Possible Triggering? - October 25th 2012, 02:33 AM

Thanks for replying!

I usually think about it in a neutral or positive manner. Its something that has became almost a part of who I am over the years. I was about eleven years old when I started to think about it and even attempted once about two years ago and was miserable and way sick for about a week.

Back to the positive or negitive question, I have never really seen it in a negitive way.

Everything will be good in the end, if its not good, its not the end.

"Too many horns, man" - John

Closed Thread