TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nick1004 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Niko

Depression and thoughts of suicide - December 26th 2012, 08:27 PM

For those of you that have read some of my other posts, you'll know about my dad and how he's abusive. On top of this, many people at my school bully me as well.

I've always been able to ignore them and put on a fake smile and go away. But more recently, like within the past three years, it's becoming more and more difficult. I've gone to a dark place in my mind a few times, thinking about suicide.

I could never bring myself to do it. There was still part of me that held on to hope that things would get better. Well, things have actually gotten worse. Although I don't see my dad anymore, everyone else has stepped up there game. I even had a teacher flip out at me in front of the class over missed homework. And to show you how ridiculus that was, it was not only over one assignment, but I have 100% in the homework and assignments area!

My point is, I just need someone to tell me that things will get better. I really need to believe and understand that I can get through this

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Depression and thoughts of suicide - December 26th 2012, 09:13 PM

Hey, there Niko.
I've never been abused so I don't have any experience with it but I do know what it feels like to feel depressed and feel like you have nowhere to turn. So I wanna try and help and offer encouraging words for you because I wanna see you reach your full potential in the world.

The bullies and things like that, don't let that drive you to suicide. I know it's really hard when people pick on you but reacting only gives them power to encourage them even more. Just try your best not to talk to them and just smile. Can you talk to a teacher or principle about the bullies? Very important to address before it gets worse or they continue to bully other kids as well.

About the teacher, I'm really sorry about what the teacher did. That certainly wasn't right. But you know, maybe he/she will apologize later on? Maybe your teacher had a really bad day or is going through a rough patch and just has a short fuse. You never know. No reason to take it out on you though.

I'm pretty sure your school has a counselor? Can you talk to them? It may be scary but it could help you in the long run.

May I tell you, even though things have gotten worse. It still doesn't mean they won't eventually get better. You still have your whole life ahead of you and you can continue to do good in school and eventually go to college. You can do anything if you look towards the future and shape it out as the years go by. Don't let bad thoughts or bullies take that away from you. They may be able to say mean words to you but they are never true, whatever mean words they say is what they are. Suicide isn't the answer. You're on earth for a reason and you cannot give up. You've fought before obviously, I know you can do this. There's always hope in the darkness and you can't ever forget that. Think of the trees as the seasons change, in the summer the trees have so many beautiful green leaves and then when the cold dark winter comes they all fall off. But see, whenever it gets colder and snows there's always that shiny glisten in the tree that makes it beautiful. There's beauty in the darkness and the sun will soon shine. Beauty always grows back. Remember that there's a rainbow after the storm.

Never let anyone take away your hope. Never let suicide take over.
You still have so many great moments to experience and your whole life to discover.
Don't throw it away to suicide.

All my contact info is in my signature if you ever would like to talk. I don't mind. Hope I helped a bit!

Please stay strong and always hang on. Hope never dies. <3 Things will get better. You can do this, I know it.

~ Christabel

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Music Offline
Thoroughly medicated
I've been here a while

Name: Richard

Re: Depression and thoughts of suicide - December 26th 2012, 09:38 PM

Hey, things do get better.
Life is spread up into many different parts. We all have parts of our lives that are harder, but those parts are what also make us stronger. If you're able to stick it out and make it through this difficult portion of your life you'll be a stronger person for it, and you'll be able to enjoy the happier portions of your life knowing that you've earned them. Some of us are given a tougher time than other people, but we wouldn't be given these challenges if we weren't able to overcome them.
I know what it's like to be abused, to be picked on and bullied, to feel like no matter what you do you can't get ahead in life. I've been depressed, I've been suicidal, and I've attempted it more than once. However, after making it through those hard tough times, I'm able to enjoy life now. I'm able to love every second, and cherish every moment, because I earned the happiness I have now. You'll get there too, you just need to stick to it.
And I hope you know you're not alone, you can PM me any time you need to talk. I'm always around and I'm always willing to listen and try to help when I can.

Member since 2005
  Send a message via MSN to Music  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Nick1004 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Niko

Re: Depression and thoughts of suicide - December 26th 2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabel View Post

Never let anyone take away your hope. Never let suicide take over.
You still have so many great moments to experience and your whole life to discover.
Don't throw it away to suicide.

All my contact info is in my signature if you ever would like to talk. I don't mind. Hope I helped a bit!

Please stay strong and always hang on. Hope never dies. <3 Things will get better. You can do this, I know it.

~ Christabel

The teacher herself is just a bad person. She is mean to everyone, pretty much everyday, and most of the other teachers don't like her. I did talk with one of our counselors which helped with part of the problem. And thanks for replying. It really does help

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Depression and thoughts of suicide - December 26th 2012, 09:44 PM

Aw, sounds like a good person had a hard life and went down the bitter path. Your teacher I mean. Glad you talked with a counselor.

You're welcome. You can do this.

~ Christabel

Closed Thread